100$ Closed-back for on the run (everyday)

I second this comment. IEMs can definitely compete. They are just different, and you have to like the way they feel and the way they sound pumping all that music directly into your ear. My BL-03 sent me on a headphone upgrade path because I liked the sound on them better than my Sennheiser HD1 wireless over ears and my Audio Technica ATH-M40x.

2 Likes

Basically the same thing that happened to me. Now for whatever reason the blons are bothering me fit wise but considering how many people have those problems with the blons specifically I’m pretty sure if I get another iem it won’t be an issue tbh

I actually found that if you don’t mind silicone, the MH755 tips actually work really well for them.

I upgraded to Dakoni Bulletz foam tips and a different cable and that helped with fit for sure. These things aren’t falling out now. I’m not crazy about how the cable I got looks with the BLONs though. And I’m also getting a little tired of rolling the tips before putting them in my ear. I have a set of Shozy 1.1 coming in the mail tomorrow and I’m hoping they will become my daily driver set because they look beautiful. :smiley:

Tomorrow’s the big day, congrats! I’m sticking with the silicone tips personally cause I read the foam tips don’t last as long but they do have better noise isolation so pros n cons I suppose lol

Yeah I can’t wait to try them out! I ordered the Final Audio tips because I’ve heard good things. They should be arriving the same day.

https://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-w-3pairs/
Try sybmio W tips

The final audio tips sound much better than my symbio w tips on the bl-03. Both are supremely comfortable, but the final tips sound worlds better to me.

1 Like

I’m hoping there will be 2 pairs that fit my ears in the mixed pack I bought. The Shozy has a longer nozzle so I’m thinking I could use a smaller tip on them and then use a larger set on my BL-03.

I’ve used these before and they’re pretty good too. Haven’t tried symbio or final audio yet.

Make sure you dont use too long of a tip on the blon bl-03. Their is a tiny bass vent on the side of the housing, on the base next to each nozzle. When covered, the sound signature changes for the worst.

To give you guys an UPDATE on what’s going on:
First of all I love how active and usefull you guys (and girls) are!!!
Tomorrow I get to check out the Bl-03 KZ ZSX & K371.
So after that I am going to write down all my thought on by that point ~ 15 headphones (including 3 IEMs) that fit this topic/category! (OMG what happend to me (balme zeos pantera!))

3 Likes

Also, since there is now a lot of IEM people around here:
Aren’t you any concerned about IEMs beeing more fatigueing (in medical terms/long term damage) to your ears compared to headphones? I listen to music for multiple hours every day and would like to continue doing so in 30 years… :'D

I find I have to be mindful of volume. Sometimes I tend to get a little carried away on songs I really like. (I’m sure I’m the only person with this problem.:wink:) But with a good set of isolating IEMs and a good seal you shouldn’t have to crank them up too high to be at an enjoyable volume.

I tend to listen to IEMs at a lower volume. If I have a good seal, then the lower volume is enough. Don’t get me wrong, when something sounds really good I still want to turn the volume up…but being mindful of my IEM listening levels I try to use restraint.

An update for you on these closed-backs I’m trying. Of all those, I’ve decided to keep the DT770s. For me, they just have a much more interesting / dynamic sound than those other headphones + they are built like tanks + they are comfortable. That being said, I won’t be using them anywhere but my desk.

Of the ones mentioned for on-the-go I’d look at:

CoolerMaster MH-751: https://amzn.to/39ye7EM

I found them to be pretty well balanced, super light-weight, very comfortable (with a light clamp). If you don’t care about having a mic–Z thinks that the Takstar Pro 82s are very similar, and you can get those for about $50 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TAKSTAR-PRO-82-Studio-Dynamic-Monitor-Headset-Over-ear-for-Recording-Parts-U5S7/223699659252?hash=item341589e9f4:g:EusAAOSw93xdnq0c

However, those didn’t quite do it musically for me. Again, a nice balanced sound - but they just didn’t engage me the way the Beyers do.

As for the IEM discussion… I don’t listen at loud volumes on anything really. I find in general with IEMs that I can’t wear them as long as over-ears–they just irritate me after awhile. I’d be interested to try out the Air Pods Pro. In his recent video, DMS reviewed them and showed how their tips don’t have the metal / plastic tube going into them. That makes it seem like they would be more comfortable over a long period. It’s hard to say. If only everyone’s ears where the same…