About Power conditioner : recommandation?

i have cloth 2 wire from a million years ago in my house. i don’t have ac line issues. odds are you don’t.

and buying a cheap 500$ car and crashing it into a telephone poll to get the power company to have to change the lines is cheaper then high a end power conditioners :slightly_smiling_face:

but seriously, a well built power strip with surge protection breaker is all ya need to protect your gear. I have industrial equipment in my garage i use all the time and so do 3 of my neighbors. I never hear line noise on my antique wiring. You have to have bad wires to get a lot of noise. and by bad i mean not safe to use anymore bad.

the whole industry exists still because power grids were shittier in the 70’s when they started developing them. Power grids are much much much better these days as a whole, then in the 70’s.

that’s just my personal take on the matter. YMMV and to each their own :grinning:

1 Like

Yeah… no.
The home-use UPS are shit with their random self-tests, battery cycling, etc. Also “line interactive” is only acceptable for home, maybe office use.

All the good UPS are “call for quote” in the price department (IIRC the cheapest ABB unit starts at 4000€)

APC is mostly surge supression, Furman is power conditioning.