đŸ”¶ Abyss Diana Series

The weirdest part for me is that DMS literally works there and he said DMS pads aren’t a thing lol. Very strange. Regardless, the DMS pads are much more comfortable than the stock pads, but now they have changed to an entirely new structure so whatever.

1 Like

“Just add a note that you want DMS mod in your order.”

• Joe Skubinski

Exactly a year ago when I was shopping the Diana and called Abyss.

4 Likes

Perhaps a bit of a hot take.

Abyss Diana TC - NOT the best headphone in the world?!

4 Likes

Rofl. Not a hot take at all. And i say that as someone who quite enjoys my TC. Its good and i subjectively like it but there are at least half a dozen cans that just shit all over it

1 Like

Can I please ask how the Diana V2 would be for gaming? Do they have a full 360 for the soundstage? Or are they like the HD6XX where it seems to come from the front and the sides with no in between? I’ve heard it called the blob effect. I am planning to buy them for my daily driver. I listen to most music except metal, watch lots of youtube and I play many different games.

Listened to the MR (leather bass ported pads), Utopia 22, and D8KP LE off the Mj3 today. I personally don’t think this is the best amp for the Utopia but still waiting on my tube amp atm so it’ll do.
MR is the warmest of the bunch. It has more bass bloom than the others but I would say the D8KP has more detail in the bass. MR can still hit hard in the bass too tho and I’m not saying it’s muddy, it’s just thicker in the bass at times.
Utopia hits hard in the bass and goes decently low for a dynamic but it’s obviously not going as low as the planars. It does have good texture throughout the bass. I think the Utopia and D8KP just nudge out the MR in clarity overall throughout the FR. I think they both do a better job of layering and separation but the MR is still enjoyable.This isn’t bashing the MR, I like it and it’s staying, but just giving some impressions. Utopia and D8KP pull out a tad bit more details as well. The MR is that chill headphone you reach for. Not saying the D8KP or Utopia are too analytical but the MR is smoother and its warmth helps. Utopia and D8KP have more air. Both have a bigger stage than the MR but this doesn’t bother me. Timbre is solid on all of them. I don’t have any complaints.
They all three can live in a collection.
MR is a nice change up to these and it’s really good off the mojo2 and it’ll be my main, mobile, around the house headphone when I don’t want to be at my main chain. And I also think it’s a great headphone to use while working and you want a smooth, enjoyable, but still engaging headphone.

2 Likes