Advice for Dac/amp for PC setup

Damn. Yes they are hardwired. :frowning:

Any tips on other headphones which could be provide a significant quality increase and are easy to drive?

I can get these for 100€: Austrian Audio Hi-X15. Got a good review on Whathifi.
I can easily get a hold of bunch of beyerdynamic models too.

A modmic USB is 84€. It’s more expensive than my current headset. I kinda find this difficult to manage on a spiritual level. :roll_eyes:

The first question I have is, are you dead set on continuing to run a boom style mic?

I’m assuming that this desk mic would cost you a good bit less than the Modmic (it’s also really well reviewed):

That would leave you the flexibility to do whatever you wanted as far as DACs, Amps, and headphones are concerned going into the future.

Well… I’m not dead set about it but it’s one less thing on my desk plus theboom style is pretty practical. It’s just there if you need it. Plus these mics… do I have to position them directly in front of me?

I can get the one you suggested for 34€ on amazon.
Guess my question is… are the Tyger 300 R an upgrade good enough to justify changing to one of these mics? Or should I just get better headphones?

PS: I can get the Sennheiser HD 599 for 145,90 €… (I don’t have a clue how to see if my motherboard can drive them properly)

Question, are you ok ordering from Aliexpress? cause there is a lot of stuff from FIIO and other chi-fi brand you can get that will help

Ali should be fine. Their stuff didn’t use to go through customs cause they shipped to a warehouse in the EU then the item was sent from that location to the buyer. I have to check that this is still working like this though.

Mic I want to build:

1 Like

From everything I’ve read the Tyger 300 R seem to be absolute killers (for my needs).
The mic thing though. :roll_eyes:

Last try. Guys Between the Tyger 300 R + usb mic and just getting a Beyerdynamic Custom Game?

I’m so leaning towards the Tyger…