Advice on some new IEMs

7 is the best among these IMO

1 Like

The S12 and Tin T3+ are both great.
The Olina SE would be my off that list pick.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I ended up ordering the S12 Pro. I will also order the Blon 03 and either the Tin T3+ or Olina SE, which do u rcmd? I hear the T3+ has a better fit which i value plus its $20 cheaper so I dunno if the Olina sounds THAT much better that i get it instead?

I’d also like to get a small portable DAC as ill be listening mostly off my phone. Its a Poco X3 NFC which already has a built-in audio jack but not sure how powerful it is and would like to try some 4.4mm cables with the IEMs especially with the S12 Pro. I was thinking either the Fiio KA3 or the new Shanling UA2 Plus, both are pretty similar (same dac and amp chips ES9038Q2M, RT6863) and price ~$70. I like the look of the UA2 better and its a bit smaller and lighter, but no reviews exist yet for it, plenty on the KA3 so its a safer purchase i suppose… Any thots on which to choose here?

Thanks again as always :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I found the T3+ a problem on the fit for me. I loved the sound, but could only wear it for about 40 minutes at a time. Meanwhile the Olina and Olina SE are both fantastic.

I think my favorite dongle DAC is the 7HZ SEVENHERTZ 71. Full price is $35 and I like the AKM DAC chip. I use this one on my phone and my work computer.

You might wanna consider Wu Zetian, they are perfect for EDM, really quality bass.

I highly recommend these!

Build quality is ok but feels a little light and cheap but there will be a new black version soon with all metal Chassis and slightly different tuning.

1 Like

Don’t pull that trigger yet…

Is it still worth buying the tin t3 plus since the cadenzas exists ? Or even the KZ ZS10 Pro X

Only if you really want a T3+ and can get a deal somehow on it.

Full price, it’s not something I would get at this point

1 Like

I own both, and they are a case study in “graphs lie”. The bass on the T3+ is wonderful, and they are almost too dark, while the Cadenza has very lean bass to my ears.

I was fairly disappointed with the Cadenza, in a world where you can buy the QKZxHBB or Truthear Hola, the Cadenza was dissappointing.

3 Likes

The good thing about this era is you can find almost any signature at a budget price and it’s quality (from current experience):

• Etymotic-style: KZ Linglong/NF Audio R10
  • Variations-style: the various DSP sets (Quarks/Tanya etc).
  • bright and lean: Moondrop Chu
  • brighter than neutral: 7Hz Zero
  • vocally forward neutral: Tangzu Wan’er
  • Harman-neutral: Kiwi Ears Cadenza
  • darker than neutral: Truthear Hola
  • bassy warm and darker: QKZ HBB
  • V-shape, midbass/treble focus: SGOR Venus
  • V-shape, full basshead: KBear Rosefinch

And those are just the ones I have heard, there are so many more that can be categorized

5 Likes

Have you guys tried the KZ ZS10 Pro X ? Im between the Kzs and the Kiwi cadenza for rock/ metal and Hiphop. What do you guys think ?