Aiyima A08 TPA3255 Amp (great budget speaker amp)

The one i got is quiet, but its through a appletv topping E30. Ill try high res though my phone to see if theres noise. Also, the volume on the amp its maybe 8 notches from max on the volume pot.

Have both SMSL AD18 and the SA300. The AD18 no problem still rockin but the display on the SA300 cuts out, the backlight stays on but the screen is blank.
Just a heads up not the only one reporting the problem, check reviews on amazon.

Im kinda of lucky though the problem is intermitten. display works again, maybe it gets hot for being on for a long time (over 5 hours)

if it happens sometimes and not others check to make sure that your other amp does the same over time. if so than you know its a problem with your new amp and not just a random issue with your DAC or appletv over time. there are no moving parts so it is stange that it happens sometimes and not others also you say it happens 8 notches from max? that doesnt really seem like a problem considering how powerful the amp is. i would only think you need half volume to get loud and if it never makes the sound at that point its fine. could just have too much gain up top. just play with it.

No, my A08 is playing clean so far with the volume at the amp on basically max gain. After over a month, its a TV setup so i need as much volume to deal with the uneven levels of content. Sorry if i wasnt clear the A08 is nice little amp. Guess got lucky with a working unit.

The smsl SA300 sounds great too but the display is faulty.

I don’t own any of these amps but I have two boards in order from AliExpress. I used to work for Texas Instruments I believe they’re specs. They quote 315W into a 4R load and given an adequate power supply and adequate cooling I think that it should meet the spec. From my experience they don’t make things up and the data’s sheets are an accurate reflection of the real world. Ok, there was the odd slip up whilst I worked there but not that many. In the past I have used numerous TPA3166D2 boards which is rated at 40W into 8R and found that they all perform as the datasheet predicts,