AKG K712 Pro upgrade

I found dekonis to be more accurate but I’m assuming different rig or something caused that.

The comfort change is because k712 is lighter, clamps less, and has slightly deeper bigger pads… that steel frame the 1990 packs comes with some weight. Do look at the pads though. Analytical should be softer than balanced pads. Analytical has a few holes on the back while balanced has a full circle. Balanced is the bassier V shape

The dekoni are much thicker and should resolve the touching on the drivers but they may increase warmth. If this is a large issue for you though you could opt for t1 2nd gen as well if you can find a good pair… similar but more soundstage with curved drivers so the ears dont touch

I would hope so… the 1990 is analytical as hell

I’m not a gamer. I’m a Z Reviews fan.

I recall he said the Sennhieser HD660 would be excellent for gaming with it’s accurate 3D soundstage allowing it to pinpoint enemy footsteps. Im paraphrasing of course.

Sennheiser 600 series headphones lack in terms of soundstage… they are very narrow in that regard. While 660 is a fantastic can it’s a hit or miss in gaming due to that fault. I also caution heavily on relying on zeos or any reviewer for that matter

I dont have any way to test gear before buying it. Reviews are my only option.

Just tried the DTs on my Soundblasterx Ae-5 and it basically made the treble unbearable. Couldn’t listen for more than 5 minutes.

I knew from before that the AE-5 were colder and sharper than my rx-v673, but not by this much. It was really a night and day difference.

Really stumped now…

It could also be treble sensitivity. Something I suggest looking a bit into.

Might be…

Though I also downloaded peace apo and noticed that even though my Soundblaster volume was set to 20 % volume in windows, peace showed that it was clipping. Could that cause excessive harshness?

Because when I turned my Spotify volume down from 100 to 50 and then turned up the windows volume to 40-50 % it showed no clipping and it sounded a lot better. Still colder than my Yamaha, but no real harshness.