(All) Metal Recommendations

How about some hair metal ?

If they would re-amp these 80s albums. I just learned about reamping.

1 Like

Ahh W.T.F. metal show in japan is an olympic sport.

1 Like

Nemophilia.

1 Like

In case you don´t know them make sure to check out Pungent Stench, Groovy Death Metal from Austria :star_struck:

1 Like

Invasion by Prog metal band Haken

I’m getting major TOOL vibes from this one

2 Likes

System of a Tool if you ask me :smiley:

1 Like

One of my all time favourites :heart_eyes:

If you like the harder stuff paired with beautiful harmonics go check it out!

If I was a electro guitar player, I would have freaked out.

1 Like

I’m somewhat shocked that no one has mentioned the best game ever directly related to this topic.

If you like rock and metal music, go play this game. It’s truly epic.
It introduced me to a whole world of music I had never heard before. The soundtrack is amazing. (and the gameplay is fun too!) It’s on GoG and Steam. Plays best with a controller I think.

not a gamer at all but that seems to be fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

That game is like a love letter to the rock/heavy metal industry. It’s amazing. (and it’s got a fun story too!)

Second to third best role of jack black in my book :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I still love how Lemmy could heal with his bass :laughing:

1 Like

New release by Tobias Sammet’s german power metal dream team project Avantasia. This hasn’t been mentioned here before and it’s similar to the opening post’s Dragonforce suggestion (ofc slower and more focused on vocals, but as close as it gets without being a copy and even if not as over-the-top, pretty darn sophisticated sounding with more varied songwriting, but also more lengthy and potentially tedious for some that prefer shorter runtimes). Not their first album so you might want to delve deeper into their catalogue that exists since 2001.

Maybe a better display of what they’re capable of:

Another gem, showcasing excellent production as well:

1 Like

Great Album

I’d assumed Metallica had stopped producing new stuff. This one’s short but still good

1 Like

If you’re looking for the best Christmas Christian Metal song: here ya go.

I checked… nobody had linked this yet. soooo

2 Likes