Am I bat Sh*t crazy?

This is interesting. Are they getting the drivers direct from Focal like a field replaceable part? Can you just buy the drivers from them? It’s a great idea.

As near as I can tell, they are buying both pair of headphones, transplanting drivers, then selling off the Stellia bodies with the Radiance drivers in them for just a slight bit more than the Radiance would have retailed. A neat way to end up with a Stellia++ for just a slight markup over the Stellia retail.

There are a couple of listings for the Stellia bodies with Radiance drivers in them on Head-fi. This leads me to believe that the culprits are keeping the Radiance bodies with the Stellia drivers. I found those listings after I read about the advantages of the Radaince bodies with the Stellia drivers, and did the last bit of logic in my head to connect the dots.

1 Like

Here’s and example for sale on Head-Fi Focal "Radia" (Radiance drivers in Stellia) | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Strange, I got rid of my 789 for the Jot 2 because it was suggested that the Jot would be a better match. The dynamics kind’a sell you on that, at first and you only have another Focal (Elex) to compare it with.

Nay, nay not at all…that’s absolutely normal :+1:…you’re with friends :smiley:

4 Likes

Thank you for the advise. I traded the Mg for an Arya v2. Gets here Thursday. I’m pretty stoked.

2 Likes

Nice hope you enjoy it

1 Like

Got my Arya v2 today. This just might be the perfect headphone for me. It still has good dynamics, while not covering up the subtle stuff going on in the music. I had read they not good with rock. So far, there great!

3 Likes