Amp and dac upgrade recommendations?

So if you pick up the plat I personally wouldn’t keep both, you could grab a more analytical amp or something more neutral, really depends on what headphones you end up liking the most

Hmm, alright. well if the aeon and T1 can both be balanced and I think the nighthawks can be too theres not much room at the moment for a secondary amp anyway less I want a more analytical approach to the T1 but I think it may be better just to stick that to the plat

Where I can find the tubes you mentioned btw? There’s so many friggin tubes

So there are indeed lots of tubes out there lol, you want to look for NOS 6922 tubes, and it can be a pain to deal with them lol.

To make it more painless, I would suggest sticking to known good tube sites, these are solid (you want 2 and the matching service, price is per tube)

https://www.thetubestore.com/6h23n-eb-6922?quantity=2&additional_options=3

This is also a solid pick (same thing with per tube and matching)
https://www.thetubestore.com/jan-philips-6922-low-noise?quantity=2&additional_options=3

These are also going to be solid too

1 Like

Hey guys, so I wanted to chime in on my own post here and ask about opinions on the Soundblaster X3 and G6 for gaming and music 70/30 split. While it’s not for me I am looking to possibly get one as a cheaper amp/dac gift for a friend I have known for a very long time. Currently, Trying to find him a good headphone that uses plush leather padding since thats his preference for an over ear. Gotta have a warm bassy yet balanced signature too though normally I see leather pads on a closed back yet he prefers open backs. Just something that will go along well with a good amp/dac for primarily gaming. Was thinking those soundblasters seem like a pretty good cheap option? Dunno about the schiit fulla either. Don’t realy wanna spend a whole ton of cash on him but I do wanna help out.

I make the mistake and after testing the aeon x with the 789 i findem so borring and sibilant that i prefer mi hd 58x on the phone, i hope that foult of the amp, if not $600 to the trash… i think now i have to sell the amp and i hope with other amp, Some Clase A amp or other warm amp i dont have the same problems