Amp/DAC combo for Argon MK3's with balanced output under €250

How about…

Spring the extra 10 euros to get a not slanted box, slightly better SNR and what I find a very sleek little screen :slight_smile:

this is the way

Ooooh that tempting. These must be plenty of power now? I guess i can get a DAC to pair with later on but this should be more than enough for Argons and most things right?

I would love to but they are completely unavailable in EU unfortuanely.

most schiit products are out of stock in US as well.

I am in exactly the same situation as you finally ordering the Argon MK3 yesterday hooray!!

I have been looking at the above combos but am seriously considering the Xduoo XA 10 as it looks a great compact solution.

4 watts output out of its balanced XLR
Full MQA decoder
Bluetooth compatible upto Ldac

What do you guys think?

1 Like

They are 6 watts. From what I see on the forum most people with 2 watts or more seem happy. I don’t have Argon’s so unsure if it is enough power but anything more than 6 is gonna be a pain to get for that price

Yea this looks good but I also can’t find it on any decent website. Only the sp200 have I found but it is an amp only.

1 Like
1 Like

Anything from the UK costs me 25 percent extra now, I do have my family there though that could send it to me. This is a maybe for me thank you. Would love anyone who has owned this to give advice to us too.

1 Like

If I were to order from Amazon UK would this not be a plenty capable combo for A
rgons and most things…

Edit: Seems it is an amp only

SMSL SP200 THX AAA-888 BALANCED HEADPHONE AMP

this one seems more popular, could I get decent results pairing it with my Fiio ek10?

I found a French website linked by others on this forum.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/sedentary-headphone-amplifier/monolith-liquid-spark-amplificateur-casque-13w-50-ohm-p-14508.html

They have a liquid spark available, has 1.3W so more than the recommended and I can pair it with my Fiio Ek10?

This maybe me my best option for the price?

1 Like

A lot of people also say that many other overstate what the Argons actually need. would a bigger Fiio not be ok?

The OG Zen DAC is indeed a renderer, meaning it does the first unfold in Tidal and final two steps in the DAC itself.

The V2 is a decoder, meaning it does all three levels of unfolding on the unit itself.

1 Like

thats the best i have heard it explained lol. thank you. i wasnt sure exactly how it worked haha.

I am tempted to just pay the shipping and order from USA.

https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1

this plus my fiio ek10 should be good right? Also needs to be ok left on a long time, I will b e using it a lot but no one ever really mentions overheating problems on any amp from what I see?

Happy to be of help!

If I go Schiit I would definitely save and go for the jotenheim 2 for balanced and more power or the Asgard 3 for single ended apparently smoother sound. Both would pair nicely with the Zen DAC v2.

Other options I have looked into are Gustard H16/X16 stack

Singxer Sa1 amp with either the zen or the Gustard X16 but although over budget could be endgame stacks?