Amp/DAC combo for Argon MK3's with balanced output under €250

I have a pair of t60’s and they come balanced at the headphone connection with a single ended 3.5 lead end. My guess is that is exactly what the stock cable you are getting with the argon’s is doing as well. So yes once you decide to go balanced you can just pick up a new cable. Or now lol. As many will suggest check out Hart Audio and their modular system. I love it and makes life so much easier

For when or if you ever get an amp with balanced out.

This site looks great. I live in Sweden so it might get a bit pricey with shipping but I will definitely check them out if I decide to go balanced, thank you =)

No problem at all. Enjoy and let us know how it goes!

Hi!, I’ve read your posts about using an E80CC in your TA-30, and I am interested in doing the same in my TA-20, with a pair of Haltron E80CC’s.

How is it running? I see by specs the current draw is 300mA instead of the “normal” 150mA @ 12Vdc, and I am wondering how the TA-30 is holding up to the load. Still running ok? Does the 2x current draw of the E80CC’s make the TA-30 run hotter?

Also, further into the spec sheets, the discrete components for setting up the E80CC are also different, higher picofarad caps and higher Mohm cathode resister. Have you considered doing mods to the TA-30 to better match the E80CC specifications? Or would that further stress the TA-30 power supply? - and if the TA-30 already sings well with the E80CC, perhaps it is ok as is?

Have you asked Xduoo if they think the TA-30 is ok to use the E80CC’s?

Thanks for your help!, Scott

1 Like

Welcome to hifi guides,

I contacted the support they said its fine to run E80CC’s

Running them now for 3 or so months they’ve been great they are barely hotter than the 12AU7 and generally the power supply has been running the same its as hot as usual no change.

Once they got up to temp after 2 hours the sound was incredible and immediate no waiting this was in your face mid range magic. I’m sure you’d have similar results with the TA-20.

I haven’t considered modding the TA-30 it’s quite over built from factory I did take a peak inside I regret not taking photos but I’ve had no issues whatsoever.

Let me know how it goes in the TA-20.

1 Like

Thank you for the hands-on report, and I am happy to hear that Xduoo confirmed that there is no problem running the E80CC in the TA-30.

I asked Xduoo about running 12AT7/12AX7 in the TA-20, as the TA-20 comes with the 12AU7, and Xduoo confirmed the TA-20 can run the 12AU7/12AT7/12AX7 in the TA-20.

So, I am not surprised Xduoo’s TA-30 design could also run the E80CC, as both are similar in design in their Pre-amp section.

I will post an update when I try the E80CC in my TA-20.

1 Like

Yeah its been great so far. I love this amp it feels over built and quality really nice stuff and the tube rolling is very transparent they have significant affect on the amp.

Tube lovers hybrid delight. Excited to hear your experience.

2 Likes

I’m excited for them as well, and now that the transaction is complete it will take a long while to get here, from Spain to SFO…during the Pandemic it took 3 weeks for the last order to arrive. I’ll update after I’ve got them and have listened to them for a while.

1 Like