Another footstep post

I’ve read quite abit about them and I always see quality control issues which puts me off trying then.

I hate listening to my own voice so I’ve no idea how good/bad it is lol.

Regarding my G6, can it drive the Dt1990 to the fullest? And same question for the 560s, I think 1 is 120ohm and the other is 250ohm but reading alittle into it it’s not just about ohm but power aswell, how much Watts it can push or something? Or am I picking it up wrong.

It can drive my T1 2nd gen which is 600 ohms impedance compared to 1990s 250 ohms impedance so yes lol. Now will it offer the best sound qualities? nope, it has a pretty decent dac but as far as quality goes… it’s rather poor in getting good sound. 560s take even less power at 120 ohms and can be driven off basic amplification such as the apple dongle dac in some cases, stronger motherboards, etc much like another sennheiser known as 58x jubilee which is 150 ohms impedance and Tygr 300r… all of which can be driven pretty much ampless without too much issue

If you dont know how, in order for the g6 to put out enough power you just have to go into its software and crank it’s amplifications and place it in high gain from the settings. Do be careful with this though as too much juice can hurt headphones… best idea is to crank windows to maximum as well as game volumes then slowly from 0% turn up the headphone amplifier this way windows can’t interfere with your sound and you don’t run the risk of too much power.

I currently have it on direct mode in the settings and I’ve hit the switch on the G6 to high Gain, I didn’t think there was any extra settings to change to get th ebest out of it.

If I wanted to maximise the sound quality of the Dt1990 without robbing a bank, whats a good option?

Just a regular entry level is fine for the most part. DT 1990 isn’t that fussy about it’s equipment like others of the 600 ohm category in beyers lineup. If you prefer to keep the g6 just get a dedicated amp and use the G6 as your dac. Though for a gamer, this really isn’t necessary whatsoever

Entry level amps and dacs are like schiit, jds, topping(can make things a bit sterile and brighter though), monoprice(warmer sounding may make things a bit bassier and the treble rolled)

Thanks for your help mate, i’ll stick with my G6.

Time to go back to some old games and check the audio out.

anytime, glad I could help. Enjoy the setup