Ant's Review of the DT880

oops sorry, didnt know that existed

I can move them if you want (along with your other reviews too)

1 Like

i still dont see that group. im looking in the catagories. i dont see anything that says “Reviews”

Besides this thread is for help and discussion. i think this qualifies for that.

The official headphone threads themselves are repositories for reviews, impressions, questions, etc.

3 Likes

It does not help… if similar topics are scattered everywhere multiple times…
Only makes things worse.

Hey guys! look at all this work i did! :smiley: what do you think huh?

If you have that, then why have these threads? Since the information is covered in that one

These go more in depth. i can link them in the respective official threads. here i’ll do that now

I can move them if you want and keep the big one

i sent you a message on this

do you have any plans to review the 770? 990? 1770(x) and 1990?

are you focusing on low cost options? I’d be curious to see more about the Denon 5200 / 7200 and mebe the 9200, though I understand it’s a very sibilant headphone.

I don’t know if I would personally say they are sibilant tbh

well, as my mother taught me when I was a kid, you’re allowed to be wrong, LoL!

kidding aside, the only real review I ever found was a video by a fellow in Germany who said they were too peaky.

im very interested in the 1990 and the 1770. but the 880 makes me reluctant to try the 990. I’m interested in the Denon cause fostex cancelled the tr00x drop headphones. but my next reviews are gonna be of the Aeolus and the Autuer. after that probably the hifiman arya

well, from reading and being indoctrinated by M0N, the 177x is the best of the lot. however, it would be nice to have a reviewer focus on filling in a brand and create an awesome foundation to base their thoughts and opinions on. especially on a foundation of headphones that every newb would be pointed to as beginner options. :slight_smile:

can’t wait for you to report on Grado. particularly the wireless GW100’s. I did not find them peaky / sibilant when I tried them out at theheadphonebar back in September.

I wish I could find a decent way to record the headphone and amps we have that doesn’t cost a million dollars (exaggerating)

I think people poo on Grado because the setup isn’t optimal. If you listened to the HE4XX on the RNHP you’d probably wonder what all the fuss is about.

Amp pairing can make a huge difference on some headphones.

To a cheaper degree the liquid Spark with the Grado and T2 Pro which are known to be rather treble heavy (lively) are great due to the characteristics of the amp.

Well take that sound, bump the bass, clean up and refine the sound, and that’s what the RNHP does to the Grado and T2 pros. They are an amazing pairing.

Take either of them an pair them with the Magni 3 and you’ll probably hate your life…lol

1 Like

Same thing for the DT880, they are flipping amazing on the RNHP.

1 Like

I’m going to see what I can do with my recorded

Even if you had an awesome recording system it still most likely won’t sound accurate tbh

1 Like

You’d have to do something like reverse compensate for the playback chain.
But if you could do that you could make any headphone sound like any other headphone, which you clearly can’t, because you can’t improve a headphones transient response for example.

1 Like