Ant's Review of the DT880

Same thing for the DT880, they are flipping amazing on the RNHP.

1 Like

I’m going to see what I can do with my recorded

Even if you had an awesome recording system it still most likely won’t sound accurate tbh

1 Like

You’d have to do something like reverse compensate for the playback chain.
But if you could do that you could make any headphone sound like any other headphone, which you clearly can’t, because you can’t improve a headphones transient response for example.

1 Like

For me the 880’s treble does tend a little more toward sibilant than I’d like. I’ve been listening to them a lot lately and those sharp s and t sounds don’t really go away for me. I’ve been driving them with an Atom and SP200 and power-wise those are great for the 880. However, I really really like them with about a 1.5-2db cut in the 8-12khz range using Equalizer APO. I also picked up a used Liquid Spark which should be here Friday. So I’ll see how that does. Even with that treble cut in EQ though, they still at times have a hint of that metallicy “Beyer highs” sound happening. Still, these are detail monsters and their spatial presentation is standard setting in the price range.

Nah, I don’t expect it to be accurate, ultimately everyone is listen on different speakers, I just want to demonstrate a difference

I think the liquid spark would work well for you, can tame that treble a bit

Hope you enjoy it :+1:

I would think that more detail would be apparent even if it’s not tonally accurate, or bass etc