Are vinyls just snake oil?

Funny thing about that: They are the same company.

1 Like

500 bucks more gets you japanese handcrafted marantz house sound.

No, I don’t think vinyls are snake oil.

You can get bigger artwork from vinyls than those smaller booklets from C.D. cases.

Also, some vinyls are closer to studio quality music from older songs when C.D.s never existed. I say this considering vinyls existed before C.D.s. When C.D.s became more normalized, record labels would slowly but surely make songs closer to studio quality on them instead of vinyls from careful audio engineering.

But then, S.A.C.D.s would replace C.D.s when getting closer to studio quality music without vinyls.

Now, technology has become advanced enough that average people can use many petabytes from streaming platforms with various songs from lots of musicians. Which caused streaming platforms with many petabytes of audio storage to be more trendy than S.A.C.Ds, C.Ds, cassette tapes, vinyls, and so forth. Especially when some people want to have a variety of music from streaming platforms rather than buying particular vinyls.

But some people are still buying vinyls because you can get a personal experience when opening a vinyl while feeling it, then hearing music that could consume your mind with ectasy. Also, there are people who like vinyls because they make their homes look decoratively unique. I personally find vinyls more exciting to look at than those smaller C.D.s in the music aisle from shops from an artistic point of view.

Now, I will say that streaming platforms are a great way for people to find musicians. That way they can know if those musicians’ music is their personal preference. It can help people know if they want to buy those musicians’ vinyls. I just think streaming platforms can help people know if they want vinyls after listening to their preferred musicians. That way they don’t feel like money was wasted on unwanted vinyls. Who wants a vinyl in their house they don’t want to use? I sure don’t.

1 Like