Around $100 or less dacs

Don’t know if this is useful. It’s set to 8.5 x 11 in. Click on it to get it to go to original size. I can send you the file if you’d like too.

Also the ruler is blue, not pink. So that may affect your measurements.

1 Like

that should be fine. Thank god it has centimeters and millimeters on it.

Lol. I think blue is fine

Got some other work to do this weekend. So I’ll post something in a few days and someone can give it a try.

And remember, only you can stop forest fires.

1 Like

@FBizzle

Frank, weren’t you also working on some sort of enclosure for the Tone Board? More the merrier, for sure!

Yeah I had a design that was basically a shrunken massdrop version that was floating out there.

I didn’t get a chance to print it out as I had to move my printer and I had no interest in leveling it again and getting print ready.

There’s no official thread for a lot of these DACs. I think I only see the Topping D10.

Should have one for the SMSL M100 too, at least, because Zeos really liked it:

And the Khadas Tone Board:

Done

2 Likes

Also not mentioned here I think, the Behringer UCA202 is… 100dB+ SNR for like 30$?!
(Not the UCA222 though, the UCA222 is worse than motherboard sound for whatever reason.)

I’ve heard it and it’s pretty decent. I don’t think it really its as good of the topping d10, but it is pretty good

1 Like

Literally forgot I had one… plugging it into my Atom right now. :no_mouth:

1 Like

You know you’re an audiophile when…

1 Like

Man this thing sounds clean. I was about to maybe buy a SMSL M100 but… Would it even sound better in a blind test?

The UCA202 only does 48khz though.

Honestly I would just hold off and wait tbh. I think a proper upgrade might be a su8 or d50s if you wanted a significant upgrade

1 Like

Well, fuck me. TIL the cleanest DAC I had for years was a 30$ DAC I had left in my box of things to sell. Lol.

1 Like

Loo, well now you know lol. Is it cleaner than what you were using up until you remembered that you had it?

Everything is cleaner than double-amping an AVR. :stuck_out_tongue:
(I bought the Atom for my studio, not for here. – The recording interface will be its home.)

2 Likes

What about the Xduoo XD-05?
Probably not as clean as D50S / SU-8?

The xd-05 is good, but I mean that’s more of a portable combo and not really dac focused, but it does preform well as a dac through it’s line out. I do think that an ifi idsd nano bl would be good to use as a dac if you wanted something a bit warmer and smooth

I would use the XD-05 as a DAC, it looks so much like a desktop DAC lol.

As a bonus it’s still a 500mW yeet cannon so I could just walk around with my T50RPs :headphones: :smile:

(And people would call the bomb squad)

1 Like

I mean it would do a good job for that, but if you really don’t plan to take it off of the desk I don’t know if I would say it was worthwhile, because at that point I think the topping d10 might outperform or equal it

1 Like

Thanks again for all your help @M0N :slight_smile: