Audeze LCD-1 Equalizer

I thought you said mostly all music is in either 16 or 24 bit? I’m not feeding it 32 and 64 bit files, unless it’s upsampling some how. Don’t know.

I still don’t think I’m going to clip using equalizer APO the way I am, regardless of what the Helix is capable of.

I’m running Tidal desktop > eq apo > Aune X1S USB > Aune X7S > LCD1 on the desktoop.

So regarding the helix it is taking the incoming signal and converting it to a 32 bit floating point signal, and then when it is done with the processing (dsp/eq) it converts it back to a 24 bit or 16 bit signal, and that eliminates small clipping issues before it converts back to the 24 or 16 bit.

It was merely a suggestion and not a mandate and you do you lol. It it works it works but I personally can notice clipping on apo eq if the incoming signal is 0db and the eq boosts it further and allows it to go over. But if you don’t, it’s nothing to worry about then

Makes sense.

I went down to - 1.8db on preamp for a peak gain of zero. Doesn’t sound any different but can’t hurt to try it this way for a bit and see.

What’s eq? lol…

“A 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game originally developed by Verant Interactive and 989 Studios for Windows PCs”

You can thank Wikipedia

Now we know what Metal gets up to lol

1 Like