🔶 Audeze LCD-2 Fazored

This is the official thread for the Audeze LCD-2 Fazored

This thread is for discussion and reviews.

• Type: Over Ear
  • Amp needed: Yes
  • Open Back

:red_circle: Audeze Link

[Reviews]

Z Reviews

4 Likes

I got a set of these last week :slight_smile: Here it is on my HP-3 stand.

10 Likes

Nice. I notice it has the old style headband. Is that a #prefazor LCD-2?

I’m quite sure it’s fazor. It’s 2016. Headband came in in 2018 I think

1 Like

Okay I guess the new style headband is more recent than I thought. Also Fazor models started getting produced in 2014. But you can confirm simply by feeling whether you’ve got the pointed grills.

Yeah I can feel the fazor

Pic of the fam: LCD-2.1 and LCD-2.2 pre-fazors (upgraded headband for the latter)

10 Likes

To me the LCD-2F sounds laid back, gentle, yet dynamic. Probably especially dynamic in bass and mids. They sound semi-open despite their openness. Decent soundstage, decent imaging. But great timbre and a special signature with some of the sound recessed. Very likeable. When I switch to a more forward headphone, though, I sometimes feel the LCD-2 is missing a lot of information.

I recall the LCD-X being more exciting and up close, with sparkly treble. I probably chose the LCD-2 due to it just sounding special with the timbre-signature-dynamics combination. But I’m thinking of switching to the LCD-X or getting it in addition - it would be sadly that I sell the LCD-2.

2 Likes

Anyone on here have the LCD-2 Closed Backs?
They seem to be hit or miss with a lot of folks…they are the first 500 + set of cans I’ve owned and I love them. Closed back was a requirement with a young one living in an inner city apt. I have an LCD -2 classic coming to compare with which I’m pretty stoked for…will probably sell the lesser of the two.

1 Like

My first higher end headphone and I bought it exactly for this reason. Just a very right sounding headphone for my tastes. I paired mine with Dekoni fenestrated sheepskin pads for a hint of improved linearity or I should say " sparkle of life" in the top end.

Own the CBs, love them and as soon as I receive my Xs I will try to compare them.

2 Likes

So I’ve gone back to the lcd-2 after a week with the beyer t1.2 and I’m noticing some things about this headphone so I guess I’m trying to gauge peoples experience with amp pairings. To me the notes don’t come across as crisp and defined as with the t1.2 and I’m wondering if the asgard 2 is enough amp for the lcd-2 or if this is just a characteristic of the headphones?

May be reverb as a characteristic or a slower decay due to the a3 is my thinking

Personally I think that more comes down to the headphones, both of them would have a performance boost on a higher tier amp, but I think the 1.2 is a more crisp sounding headphone, it’s not as smooth or relaxed as the lcd 2

Okay right on. I should have mentioned that all listening on the t1.2 has been on the bhc+sb so not an all together fair comparison I suppose just something that I immediately noticed going back to the lcd-2. I was thing they were similar because warm and dark but they’re pretty different in many ways which is good.

Would a Violectric V200 be a nice upgrade for the lcd-2? is it worth it? I’ve heard it’s not the most amp picky. I don’t think my other solid state headphones (NHC, Z7) really are either. May grab an Arya and/or Aeon 2 closed eventually which could make it more worthwhile as well.

1 Like

IMO pretty worth it with both the lcd 2 and t1.2, sounds like up your alley sonically as well imo. Also sounds great with the arya

1 Like

Okay sweet. Seems like my lurking has lead me down the right path lol. Appreciate the confirmation and guidance as always :beers:

1 Like

Any sonic difference between the leather vs leather free pads?

Not too much but I do prefer leather for a bit more organic sound (assuming you are talking about leather and not the cloth or whatever older vegan pads)

These ones are definitely leather, built like a 70’s easy chair. Sounds good, didn’t really want to change them anyways. Seems like a bit of a pain.

Leather-free pads = Protein leather made from egg protein according to Audeze’s customer support

I wish vegan pads were still an option.

1 Like