Back to the office - need help making the best of it

I’m really glad you said that, cause i just ordered the 598 Cs and the SV021 (SV006 just isn’t available anywhere).

EDIT: which doesn’t mean that i won’t be giving the other ones on my list a fair chance.

2 Likes

Best of luck, I hope one of them works out for you. Headphones can be a tough thing to choose, there are so many choices and sound options.

My SV021’s aren’t set to arrive until October 7th, if you get yours sooner let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

Let’s go!

2 Likes

That’ll do, Pig… That’ll do! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I gotta say, I think those Sivgas look pretty sharp. I know a lot of people aren’t down with the color and whatnot, but I think it looks very nice. I’d rock 'em if they sounded good enough for sure.

Have fun testing, I hope one of them is the answer for you.

But that’s not the only color …

3 Likes

On Sivga’s official website they look much darker, almost completely black. But looking at your photos of them, i almost feel tempted to buy these too

Now that i’ve spent some time with the SV021 and HD598Cs, i have to say that i won’t be using the Sivga for the office. While they sound great, are VERY comfortable and simply look great, they are not really closed-backs. They are more semi-open which just doesn’t make them viable for office-use. The 598Cs comes with an in-line mic for the occasional meetings.
So for now i’ll be using the HD598Cs for the office, but i’ve already ordered the AKGs K361/371 and the Yamaha HPH-MT5 to see if any of them can beat the 598 for pure office use.

2 Likes

I do own the k371 and the sv021. I didn’t experience the sound of the k361. So i would really like to hear your opinion about sv021 vs. k361 vs k371. Which one would you prefer soundwise?

I have the Yamaha HPH-MT5s. Like Zeos, I pad swapped some ZMF Oval Suede, and never looked back. In other words, I can’t tell you what the stock sound of the MT5s, because I don’t remember too well.

But I will say that the pads improves comfort, and the sound has changed to be closer to my liking (tamed treble and upper-mids).

Having said all of that, pad swapping is another beast entirely. Just focus on finding the headphones that are for you, and then think about swapping when the stock pads begin to fall apart.

After testing all three of them when ranking sound only, i’d say sivga > k371 > k361. But sivga and k371 both sound good and are very close. To me the sivga just sounds slightly more fun.

1 Like

I like the wider soundstage and the separation of the sivga. But i prefer the energetic midrange, better detail and tighter texturing of the 371. So for me the akg is the winner here. Also the akg is a “full” closed back without vents, so there is no sound leakage.

But it is really close between these two. And the sivga just looks beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

1 Like

Today I’ve got to try the CM MH751 and i just had to make another reply…

They sound… good, good enough, not great and they cannot compete with the AKG K371. They’re comfortable, wow. They isolate well. And what else… they come with a nice mic.

Someday i’ll have to make a decision, right now this decision seems to be the MH751. Compared to the Sennheiser HD 598 Cs, the MH751 win in every category. I’m still torn between them and the AKG K371, but the AKG’s just lack some features compared to the MH751 (mind you that this is specifically from an office POV!).

So for now i’ll go with the CM MH751, i figured that i won’t be THAT into the best reproduction of sound during work anyway, but rather isolation and a good sounding way of blurring out office noise. And if a call comes in, i just unplug them from the DAC into my laptop.

Thank you guys very much for your opinions and ideas!

1 Like

I would say, IEM is the best option in your case.