Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

TEA has more potent kick and sub bass. Maybe more micro detail if I …nah…bout the same there. Tonality of L4 is good for ANY genre and is the best tuned set of their “L” series. They tried to incorporate the tribrid tuning of Clair/Monarch ad it worked out quite well.

3 Likes

I know we cant trust graphs 100% but 20db gain is still 20db… that looks like ass on the surface. :frowning:

3 Likes

That’s one sick graph… Well, you get an IEM that may sound quite different, if that is a goal of its own.
:face_with_monocle:

Yep. The L4 frequency response is probably as close as you can get to the Clairvoyance treble curve as possible with BA drivers vs the electrostats of the Clairvoyance. They do sound different though because of the driver difference, but Thieaudio should be commended for how close they got.

As for the bass, it does sound as if the dynamic is cleaner/more defined than Theiaudio’s previous dynamics, but not by a lot. The bass in the L4 is not nearly as potent as the Clairvoyance. The L4 is very balanced and doesn’t have the warmness of the L3 & L5, which I personally kind of miss. I could say the L4 is the Focal Clear of IEMs.

The L4 does not have the stage or separation the Clairvoyance has. Stage is probably the biggest difference between the L4 and it’s big brothers I hear.

For a $200.00 IEM with the L4’s incredibly polished tuning, included packaging and cable, the Legacy 4 is the obvious choice before moving to either the Clairvoyance or Monarch. The L4 makes the existence of the L3 & L5 unnecessary. Especially the L5. I feel the L4 is technically superior.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m all for variation…everything being a Harman is pointless IMO…but that mid dip…ouch Not for my library

2 Likes

3 Likes

L4 is the apex of DD/BA hybrid IMO. Plays everything. 3 main critical points
Too much bass…nope
poor mids…nope
Rolled treb…nope

fit is great and $200
NAILED IT!!

2 Likes

Courtesy of BloOdy Jo on my Discord :joy:

8 Likes

I’ve got them in my ears right now. Yep, these are very nice. At first I wasn’t overly impressed by the new dynamic. It might be breaking in because as I’m listening, I’m actually really enjoying it. Thieaudio hit a sweet spot with this IEM. The highs/treble sounds fantastic. I’m very happy with these.

lol. That’s a pass for me. I prefer some mids. :wink:

1 Like

Great buy! How are your initial impressions of the Dethonray Honey?

Only ran off of my phone so far and sounded great. Visually pleasing and build is excellent. Going to use as usb dac off PC next

1 Like

As great as the L4 seems to be, I’m guessing it may be a bit redundant along with the MEST and Tea. Any chance that the iBasso IT07 is queued up in your “to-review” list?

Yes review vid coming

1 Like

Will move to Headphones after I listen and review. :call_me_hand:

It reminds me of Susvara. If you have heard Hifiman Susvara, do they sound similar?

I have He 1000se and Arya but not Susvara, not yet anyway. I will be listening from tomorrow. Love the stock cowhide pads. Comfy

1 Like

Heavily rolled off sub bass, slight bass bleed into the mids and elevated treble… Where do I sign up? :crazy_face:

With my library it sounds like a budget Moondrop Blessing 2. That’s a backhanded compliment as i never liked that set too much, particularly after comparing with others that had decent bass

1 Like