Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

It is shockingly …pretty damn cool. I thought it would be a mess.
3 planar and 2 BA?? That must be a mess.
No. not really. It is an absolute tank and fits great.
i wish the Pentacon cable was standard. Love em. My Elysian X is also a Pentecon

7 Likes

What are your first impressions sound wise? :pray:

Crystal clear.
Unique.

I don’t have anything that sounds like it.

I was so scared I am actually really stoked.
I did a vid for a single DD today that was borked and they got 3 micro planar and BA’s combined for a better effort.
Build is best ever. Listening is Med to low volume though and price is for adventurous high rollers

@Frainen 's pic

10 Likes

He’s hawaii bad boy, can’t argue with that :man_shrugging:

Joke aside, hope everyone keeps a cool head, forgive, learn and forget :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder what the rationale is for that driver config :thinking:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I think just cuz they can. :sweat_smile:
It’s a micro planar. One is a bass planar…a planar just for bass…wild stuff.

4 Likes

planars- not usually known for bass
them- hold our beer

5 Likes

Calyx M indeed is a monstrous DAP. It came out anno 2014, so 8 years ago, with Android 4. Damn, time flies, but pure sound quality remains. Cult status deserved.

Mine still gets lots of head time nowadays, especially paired with Cayin C9. It manages double-amping like a boss.

2 Likes

I own this set. The shells are a bit heavy but it’s built like a tank. Excellent Pentaconn Ear Connectors and 2 well built cables. I have no problems with fit. They could look weird in your ears, the sapphire crystal panel looks like a Casio watch. :joy:

The Typ711 needs a lot of juice, kind of expected due to the amount of planar drivers. I think the most impressive thing is the fast transient response. Maybe due to the nature of the planar drivers this have incredible details and speed. The midrange is great with nice texture, especially the instrument separation. The vocals sound a little warm. Nice bass and quite good treble extension. Natural imaging and some sort of 3D holographic soundstage.

Someone mentioned in other forum this set is some sort of W-shaped Z1R with better mids and not as good treble.

5 Likes

I can confirm it’s built like a tank. Pentaconn Ear Connectors is the way to go. They really are a unique set.

1 Like

I love to live vicariously in this hobby but damn does it eat me up! How is the comfort? The shell looks so strange, maybe a bit heavy?

2 Likes

Looking forward to this review, possibly my next set? Finally, a set that I really want with a price tag I can justify to the wife :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Randomly checked squig and saw this. Is there a new EJ07M x HBB MKII coming up ?? :star_struck: :notes:

I’m still enjoying (and loving) my KL :volcano: :ear:

Same here, pentacon is a fantastic connection and I love it on my Acoustune HS1677ss, after Aroma Star is my cheaper IEMs but sounds far better than many expensive IEMs I owned.
Love Acoustune and I bet Madoo should be special, maybe a bit hard to drive…. I follow it since was announced, Congrat @hawaiibadboy :blush:

2 Likes

Looks like Tanya/O2 filter applied :wink:

1 Like

@nymz confirmed the “2” KL is his set. I’m quite worried about the unit variance - that’s a big difference in bass…

2 Likes

The shells are a bit heavy but confortable and fit is excellent. Probably after a hour or so you start feeling the weight on your ears. Build quality is flawless, a work of art.

3 Likes

Guys Did you see YanYin Moonlight EST?

2EST + 4BA + 1 Dynamic Driver Hybrid

10mm new Bio-diaphragm dynamic
4 Knowles independent balanced armature
2 Sonion electrostatic units

8 Likes

I know about.
I asked Tuesday if they would carry and it was read and ignored.
I paid for my Canon, aladdin and Serial full price.
Never asked for discounts.
I’d be happy with a response to a simple question though :sweat_smile:

I’ll probably be buying. :boom: :notes:

3 Likes