Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

DLC diaphragm… ergonomic shell…

Season 2 Halloween GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Edit: Price is KEY. If I’m understanding shoppee correctly, 2700RMB = 383.28USD = nope from me. (I wasn’t understanding it correctly) so it’s NTD, and is just north of 80USD. That’s better!

4 Likes

ahem Say what now? Sometimes I hate this stupid hobby…

I take it back baby, don’t be mad. I just say things I don’t mean.

2 Likes

First I see the graph and I say “meh”, then I see the comparison… you have my attention, now!

1 Like

Thank God, this will be saving $520 if I really want to see what the Dark Magician tuning is like. Very hard to justify $600 dollars on a single DD iem.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Feels like it’s closer to DM V2 than OG DM :thinking: Treble and bass is different–>it seems like it’s going to sound a lot brighter, probably affecting soundstage/imaging, and there’s also that ~10db contrast from 800hz to 2.5K region on the EA500… but we will see :slightly_smiling_face:

I also hope they don’t over-dampen it…

1 Like

Looks like it is going to be $79
LOL at these prices recently.

2 Likes

i see the Tangzu Zetian Wu Heyday is starting to get the push on Facebook and Linsoul…looking forward to hearing what is different on this one

It’s only related in name.
Driver is improved and the V tuning was tuned down by 2dB on both sides to hear the better driver.
Shell is metal v.s. plastic
Internal wiring was changed (better if you believe it makes any diff…sure doesn’t hurt)
Cable system is way better in quality and in swytchable terminations.
I’m looking forward to getting my own retail version so i can do a vid

7 Likes

sounds like it will be a more neutral iem allowing improved resolution to shine through?
Might be quite a good companion to the OG?
colour me interested.!

2 Likes
4 Likes

@Rikudou_Goku getting a mention in that video for his Berserker 2 :raised_hands::raised_hands:

6 Likes

I think these are on par with the often hyped TGX stuff. I will compare in a vid.
First battle buds vid :notes: :v:

10 Likes

Nice, excited for that comparison video! Maybe you’d be interested in Fiio FF3 and FF5? The FF5 just launched so no one has reviewed it yet

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy I know you have vids on this, but you have so much stuff coming in that it’s tricky to keep up to date - what’s your current IEM rec in the $50-100 range?
Christmas is coming which is a great opportunity to get people into audio.
Genres: jazz and rock, the only criterion is that it’s a small shell with good fit (for small ears)

3 Likes

When I have some time to compare buds (it’s very rare that IEMs don’t just make more sense for my daily life) I will have to zero down on the Grand Archer vs the Serratus. Because I love both, I don’t think they’re worlds apart, and the GA can run on an everyday source comparatively.

For the record I still haven’t been able to give the Serratus the thorough, long-term listen that it deserves.

4 Likes

Jazz and Rock.
I’d rec Cadenza at $35
Has enough bass for both but no so much to turn folks off.
Guy who tunes for Thie (monarch etc) had a hand in it and he did a good job with just enough midbass.

That is the set I would buy for others with my money.

11 Likes

That’s a nice little piece of trivia, didn’t realize the tuner for Thie had anything to do with the Cadenza. Now it all makes sense …

3 Likes

I didn’t either.
That whole thing about me not knowing the Kiwi was coming and them just seeing if I’d bury it or really listen beyond a graph was true. I threw dirt and buried Maka. 2 days later i saw him post on Super reviews that he was behind it. It all made sense.

1 Like

RIP Maka - I hope we get to see it someday.
I hope I’ll get to try the Cadenza next week, depending on whether or not I’ll be able to meet up with @GooberBM - we shall see.

5 Likes