Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

That company is in the biggest nosedive I have seen besides KZ deciding to fight everyone in the hobby.
They shoulda let Tanchjim get paid until they were actually ready to sell a DSP set suite.

4 Likes

You can download the apk file here on the website. That said, Moondrop’s rep was correct. I was testing the app with the FreeDSP cable and it wasn’t great. Not very stable and had some random bugs. I told them about it and they asked for more info to help de-bug it. You might still be able to use it and save the EQ settings on the cable though, took me like 3 or 4 tries.

6 Likes

Interesting, why do you feel that way? I have seen a couple of people say that about Moondrop by now, but that seems to be a minority, and to be quite frank I cannot quite follow it. I feel like it is more that their last few releases have been more polarizing, if that makes sense. A mixture of great prior products leading to unrealistically high expectations for products to follow.

Asking for $$$$ with repurposed drivers and lack of quality control = moondrop 2023

There are a few companies who still don’t keep up with the market SeeAudio, Yanyin are another few.

1 Like

I have heard about that case, are you referring to the Beautiful World? At least that is an unique looking set.

As for quality control, the only immediate negative cases that come to my mind were the Arias with paint bubbling and/or chipping (and that seemed to be mainly relevant for people living in hot/humid climates and having more oil production) and that one Dark Saber where the shell broke.

Edit: also know about a few Variations where the Faceplate came off, however on my set that doesn’t seem to be the case (and that is more than two years old by now and my daily driver)

1 Like

Would also like to point the moisture buildup on Arias

I personally experienced this one and still a problem today even with the supposed replacement filter that fixes the issue as stated by Moondrop.

TBF, this is a design issue not qc related.

When they were all the rage so more users == more feedback, a lot of Aria users seemed to have issues with inside wiring disconnecting.

My issue with Moondrop is 2 fold:

1. A lot of accounts of QC issues; Variations and Blessing faceplate issues, Aria paint (all models have had examples of this) and now the Dark Saber shell breaking

2. Their IEMs aren’t really competitive for the price, they aren’t a) innovating and/or b) pricing their new offerings very competitively. They are relying on their name in the industry to move products. The Blessing 3 was pretty wack and for the price there are a lot of better offerings. Also idk how they decided to have such low bass on it after the fact that they made a Dusk version of the 2 because of the low bass of the Blessing 2. It seems like they dropped it to capitalize on the “Blessing” name and then they will drop a Dusk version in the future to fix the issues of the Blessing 3.

8 Likes

I respectfully disagree with this; I think the Blessing 3 is an excellent IEM and a really good neutral-ish set with a slight bass boost that shines especially with vocal and acoustic tracks. I had a lot of fun with it when I demoed it for a week (friend of mine lended me their set) and I’ll buy one in the future, probably still this year.

People seem to have this misconception that an (isobaric dual) DD design has to result in large quantities of bass when reality, it is first and foremost there to prove better bass quality overall, dynamics and lower distortion, and that definitely is the case on the Blessing 3. It doesn’t even measure that different from the Blessing 2: Dusk:

And honestly, between the B2:D and the B3, I do prefer the Blessing 3. It’s just more technically competent and fixes one of the issues I had with the B2:D: it’s only average bass quality.

But for those wanting more bass, the most likely coming Blessing 3: Dusk will probably supply that, so just wait and buy that then.

8 Likes

To each their own. For me the blessing 3 came off thin with barely any bass presence unless I turned it up to mid volume at which point the upper mids and treble became unbearable for me. Putting a filter on the nozzle saved it and turned it into a really good IEM. Stock though there is no genre in my library where I would choose that IEM over another at a similar or lower price point.

I was sad about my experience with it too cause the fit was easily one of the best I have had on an IEM

3 Likes

That’s really unfortunate :confused:

just goes to show again that what works for one might not for another. Makes the hobby exciting though to have so many different viewpoints and opinions.

3 Likes

Hey if you want a B3 mine’s just sitting here :joy: Haven’t touched it since hahaha

4 Likes

Not sure what APK file you are downloading, but when I go onto the Moondrop site it doesn’t have a file to download for my Android phone. As I explained in my previous post Moondrop themselves said that the App was incomplete and they would address the matter ASAP.
The reply from Moondrop was

Hello there,
Our new app is debugging, we will release it very soon, thank you
Thanks & Best Regards,M.
MOONDROP

1 Like

I had that cable paid on order for a month and wasn’t shipping, my inquiries went unanswered and finally I requested a refund. Not good service.

The last Moondrop cable I ordered stunk so bad I complained and was told it was normal smell will go away. It was so bad I never used it.

I just gave it away over a year later and I still smelled terrible.

I have a cable for the $2,700 Solaris 2 that was D.O.A and have been waiting 5 weeks. No end in site.
3rd time a set had bad cable. Others were OG Blessing and A8. I gave up on those and just rolled cable…but the Solaris 2 is pricey so I want my cable

4 Likes

I saw that crazy that’s still going on. I got a defective cable from IVIPQ on AliExpress the other day and another great seller apologized gave me a upgraded replacement and a free Palladium cable now that’s service!

Some companies getting better some not so much.

3 Likes

I just tried and it works for me.

2 Likes

I just wish I could get Tanchjim’s website to load up at all :confused:

https://tanchjim.com/en/services/

It is a slow loading site but it comes up

1 Like