Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

The coupler is meant to simulate an eardrum under occlusion conditions, so any acoustic impedance differences (including the eartip difference) could be part of this. Especially since acoustic impedance isn’t perfectly controlled coupler-to-coupler either :sweat_smile:

i was just addressing the Storm stuff (comparison of SoundJedi’s 711 measurements to HBB’s). Clearly Crin’s U12ts either have some unit variation or something else going on

2 Likes

Thank you. Like I mentioned wasn’t trying to stir anything up. I’m thankful that you and @Precogvision took your time to inform me. Now it’s another tool I’ll be able to have in my bag.

2 Likes

And thank you for picking up sets and graphing them :raised_hands::raised_hands::facepunch:t3::facepunch:t3:

1 Like

The database is getting there but, credit is due to those who have given me trust with their sets. Only a handful of them were actually mine. The real MVPs are @GooberBM @Sonofholhorse @JAnonymous5150 @domq422 @cal_lando @VIVIDICI_111 and @rattlingblanketwoman

IMG_2078

11 Likes

Right back at ya for graphing all those man :muscle:
Uno No U GIF - Uno NoU ReverseCard - Discover & Share GIFs | European games, Reverse, Gif
IMG_2078

7 Likes

I haven’t done anything yet! I can’t take any responsibility for all your hard work, Mags. Seriously, you’ve been putting in them hours, brother. Much respect :handshake:

2 Likes

Wow! So just to be clear these are the exact same IEMs (not just the same make and model) measured on their respective rigs?
If so then yeah one of these rigs is definitely very much off spec! Yikes!

And if these are, indeed, measuring the exact same IEMs then yeah looks like the Storm is ok (so far)

It’s a team effort with the tours. Some provide the IEMs to graph, some do the graphing and others provide their thoughts and reviews to the community. Even if your only one those as of now we’re all needed to be successful contributors to the forum and it’s members.

3 Likes

This is very true, good sir. I haven’t done a proper write up in quite some time, but I’m thinking of putting something together tomorrow morning if I have the time. I finally have a proper desktop amp to test on so I’m hyped for that!

Just want to quickly touch on this: from what I’ve seen, the calibration file adjusts around +/-0.1 dB here and there. Which is, for our intents and proposes, more or less completely unnoticeable.

1 Like

PenonAudio 10th Anniversary FR

4 Likes

7th Acoustic “Supernova”

12 Likes

Dam that’s a sexy graph

1 Like

Oh it can and this also factors in the cable resistance for the really bad ones.

2 Likes

But BA Sub-bass :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

Why did you have to remind me…
Why GIF - Why - Discover & Share GIFs

3 Likes

6 Likes

Oooo earbud review?? :smiley::smiley:

Not sure which brand or model? Think it is TGX

1 Like