Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

It’s really like 4 diff driver types in there.

7 Likes

I’m on the Hype train. Gimmie that crazy driver iem.

1 Like
8 Likes

Nice, I’m curious about the price and the driver setup. I know “DD for lowend” is kinda the usual way to do it but planars can have low distortion in in bass and with IEMs the seal isn’t an issue, so it would be neat to see a planar on bass duty.

1 Like

Wow, that is an impressive mix of drivers, and that they are coherent is amazing.

2 Likes

Yeah, i was just spitballin and am likely wrong…

Just gotta hope they don’t price it in death valley $300+
The sales over that number drop drastically. Hoping they use their thinking cap before settling on a price

3 Likes

Dj Hype, hype gimme the fun, gimme the fun!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get this. Hypelevel over 9000.

2 Likes

4x :speaker: v’s :speaker: let the :boxing_glove: begin…

3 Likes

Oh my oh my :eyes:

Edit; looking at the graphs a little bit closer, I noticed a few things with the P1 Max that I think will give it an edge in terms of that sweet vocal performance it has - most notably, that bump from 1k - 2.5k. I think that particular part right there gives the Pandas this amazing way of Separating the vocals, especially female, from the rest of the instrumentation. It does it in such a clean and non-fatiguing way as well because of the cut right after 2.5k. No harshness or glare at all. It’s an amazing little pair of IEMs, that’s for sure. The Quintet must be priced accordingly because the Pandas sit firmly at $100. We shall see!

5 Likes

Is the Mest MKIII a good set for prog rock, metal genres and jazz?

I think so. It is a bit less energetic than MKII which probably suits most people.
My Jazz listening is limited but horns / sax sound good (Earth Wind & Fire “September”)
Metal sounds great. Midbass is not pushing into vocals and electric guitar(s) with distortion pedals sound fantastic. (Best part of set, crystal clear…not fatiguing for me)
Cymbal crashes sound natural, not abrupt or overly emphasised

2 Likes

Funny, I was thinking that in the $150-225 it would do great, but above $250 it would bump into competition issues.

The similarity to the P1 Max might also give it a built in audience. Thanks for the heads up @Ohmboy

1 Like

Just a head’s up: @Ohmboy linked the Quartet. The new IEM we’re talking about is the Quintet

Quintet is in green, as it’s currently a stealth release on HBB’s squig

3 Likes

shit, thanks, I wasn’t looking close enough
Those names are way too similar

It looks a bit more normal Harmon in the 1K and up, vs the flatter Quartet

3 Likes

It’s very much not Harman IMO. It looks pretty much dead neutral, with bass boost.

1 Like

Don’t worry…nobody was.
I thought it was a joke comparing a planar to a quadbrid so…thought the wrong graph was used as a wink wink
Apparently not

2 Likes

It’s on the Penon site as well- may have better shipping there.

I did not catch that either - whoops. @GooberBM out here saving fools left and right

2 Likes

And there was me thinking a product range couldn’t be any more confusing than KZ :smile::man_facepalming:

2 Likes