Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Hey just fyi for anyone who ordered…

2 Likes

Mine also shipped

3 Likes

Must be on Santa’s sleigh, who woulda thunk it

Edit:: way too much wine last night lol, hope everyone had a nice holiday

3 Likes

interesting :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

No price listed. :confused:

$39 is the price

For a 1DD 2BA 2EST driver configuration? Wow!

Now seriously - I am very curious as to what this set does differently than literally any of the top dogs we’ve seen come out under $50 …

1 Like

true, this price range is insane, you really need to bring something special

1 Like

For the HBB Khan? Nah, it’s a 2DD, bro

I’m quite cautious of cheap tribrids after the KZ ZEX PRO debacle…QKZ needs to provide concrete evidence of all drivers working IMHO

Edit: oh phew if it’s 2DD, no worries!

1 Like

I’m pretty much required to check this one out, so I will get on it

1 Like

Woops! Looked at the wrong IEM lol. Ah to be literate and careless.

1 Like

Literate and careless? A dream for folks like us, to be sure lol! :joy:

1 Like

$1 reservation saves you $5 so $4 off. But no reservation link yet for the Khan.

1 Like

Your work is never over, as daft punk once said. We’ll eagerly await the review and obligatory food comparison :sunglasses:

And something special I hope comes - i sit here and I try to think about some kind of gap around this price range and I can’t find one. Maybe someone else can chime in?

We have brightly tuned sets
Bass tuned sets
Neutral tuned sets
EDC worthy sets …

I’m struggling here. But I have my hopes up, I trust Chris has worked on something that’s worth the time and cash. He earned even more of my respect when he pulled Maka after the Cadenza was released so he’s proved him self to me to say the least.

5 Likes

Just noticed Khan graph is up, must’ve showed up in last few days since it wasn’t there when I last looked:

Interesting but not a blind buy for me, I’ll wait for impressions(and I still have the Cadenza on the way to listen to first).

1 Like

We’ve got Moondrop Chu, Tangzu Wan’er and 7Hz Zero which are all similarly neutral-brightish sets. Cadenza is brightish, but with a more balanced bass. QKZ x HBB is a bass-boosted neutral, KBear Rosefinch is a purely V-shape.

Im going to try the CCA FLA and CXS because they both look like diffuse-field styled tuning options. And I want to try SGOR Venus because it is similarly tuned to QKZ x HBB but has a 4-8k boost that might fix that weakness for me.

Then you have Truthear Zero and HBB Khan as Harman-tuned 2DD subwoofer sets.

There is something for everyone these days, sub-$50.

4 Likes

I didn’t realize the Khan’s graph was available- I should of known honestly know that I think about HBB’s praise of the Truthear Zero …

Should be interesting. I’ll wait for some reviews.