Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

I’ve been taking my OG Olina out…4.4mm, HiBy R6III…it is still great without any mods. Beautiful clarity, top driver, still a musical joy.

6 Likes

Yrah I remember precovid I could get stuff from China or Japan straight to my door in Canada in ONE day with DHL and like 2-3 days with FedEx or UPS

2 Likes

The oem for Fostex/Foster driver is Haoyun afaik.

4 Likes

The QKZ HBB Hades a niche tuning BASS head for $50 bringing the in car bass boom to your living room! A very nice unboxing Inc Gold coin to add the “G” vibe. What does it sound like? When used to listen to music its designed for :
Curtis Blow -The Breaks
Grandmaster Flash - The Message
Grandmaster Melle Mel - white lines
Rappers Delight -Sugar hill band
Peter Tosh- Getup stand up
Rick James - Give it to me baby
Eminem - The Real Slim Shadey
Dr Dre - Nothin but a G thang
Big Boi - Kill Jill
Big Sugar - Where I stand
D’Angelo - Devils pie
Doga Cat - Vegas
Lil Nas X - Old town road
Run DMC - Hard Times
Kool and the gang - Jungle Boogie
Fergie - Fergilisious
Bob Marley - Buffalo Soldier
Nelly - Nellyville
IN ONE WORD IMMENSE!!
Sure the signature doesn’t work with lots of genres you won’t be using these to listen to Yacht rock, Classical or jazz. On the other hand, Reggae, hip hop old school rap and funk where it’s all about the bass. There’s very little available in the budget realm that drop the bass like these bad boys. They are not subtle they do not exhibit finesse, these bad boys nail you to the floor with authority in a very enjoyable manner leaving no prisoners.
They do work better with power I discarded the scrawny cable they came with and added a xhins copper and silver 4.4mm and fixed sedna Azla Max eartips to seal all the bass in listening with the Cayin N7 dap . The case is Meh but who cares when the first bass note drops the Big bass drop on Big Boi Kill Jill had me grinning like a Cheshire cat my ears literally flapped. MISSION ACHIEVED huge thanks to @hawaiibadboy for sending these to me for evaluation

9 Likes

It’s been a busy year…after rotating my stock…what’s left

Hype 10
FF Maestro SE
Monarch Mk3
FF Scarlet (pleasantly surprised)
UM Mext
UM Mest
Oriolus Isa
Oracle Mk2
Xenns Top
Meze Advar
Thor Mjolnir Mk2
ZiiGaat Doscinco
Hype 4
Xenns Tea 2
EX-800
Meze Rai Penta
Legato
ASG 2.5
Castor Black
QKZ x HBB
CCA HM20
EPZ5
Hades
Bl-A8

In order of preference

Everything left has at least one DD in it

Either given away or sold…with a major portion of the proceeds donated to local animal shelters

EAE Gaea
EE Evo*
U12t*
Hype 2
Noble Stage 3
Aful Performer 8
XBA-z5
EX-1000
Xenns Tea
Xenns Up
IE900
PR2

And about a dozen shoebox monitors…majority of which are single DDs

*notice the two most expensive monitors were dropped down a mineshaft…save for the SE

8 Likes

None of you knuckleheads got my QDC HBBTDMJT x Messiah joke…it’s a super collab

Chris…Jason…and JayT collab…like the

4 Likes

Dope pics!

I love this country Dom…I am such a patriot a heart…not those Patriots though…sorry…I know you’re from the Boston area

But I love the Celtics and Bruins…Red Sox…ehhh…not so much

1 Like

Yo, that’s so weird… I meant to say dope pics to @Andy_Pickard of his Hades, but I guess dope picks**** would apply to you too :joy:

Eyyy I’m not a big sports guy besides for UFC, but if a Boston team wins a championship, I guess I can be happy

2 Likes

Back when the USA didn’t suck at the sport they invented. Good memories, the greatest basketball team ever assembled right there.

3 Likes

You’re the perfect guy to ask lol,

Given the choice between UM Mext vs Scarlet Mini, assume they’re both at the 600 dollar mark

Which one would you grab?

Gotta love that “not obliterating the world and needing to send our best and actually try” is the definition of “not sucking”. :sob::sob::sob:

Also, a Canadian-American invented basketball to be fully accurate

2 Likes

That’s a tough one bro…I’m enamored with the Scarlet at this juncture…it’s just so right with a big chunk of my library… but it does have its limits…this thing is sort of like setting up your space in a mosh pit and the walls are caving in

But with the Mext you catch yourself puttin on another track just to see how it handles it…and it never disappoints…I would not call it a BH set…at least compared to the Scarlet…but if the track calls for 100 to 300hz hit…it just pulls it out of the poopoo…it can dig deep…maybe not below 30hz though

Mids are super clean

Ear gain might be a little too much for some but it’s never shouty and I find it quite pleasing…it definitely does not graph the way it sounds…truly one of greatest daily carries ever…I even prefer it over my Mest

Now the Scarlet…haha…yeah the Scarlet…that’s a different beast altogether…you feed this voracious little Tasmanian Devil a steady diet of 350 mw or more

and you’ll be looking for your eardrum on the floor from the hole in the back of your head…mids are surprisingly present and well executed… the upper registers are never harsh but are obviously pillowed by the low end…they do peak their head out with no discernible sibilance in the consonants

So…

young and stupid…Scarlet…you’re only as young as you feel though…and if your old…this will make you feel young again

mature and refined…Mext…a very unique iem that is truly something special…at least to these tired and well broken-in ears

4 Likes

Sounds easy enough, sounds like it’ll be Mext is the goal for the price I see it for, Scarlet if I don’t make it by then.

Either way I can’t go wrong and that’s how I like it lol

TANGZU XUAN WU GATE Frequency graph

12 Likes

Treble upper mids looks like a big no for me. Rest looks great. Thanks for posting the graph.

I was tempted to buy it ngl, but I can’t justify it since I own UP and Vari already

I’d need a different thing altogether, I am looking to hear those though

Kiwi Ears X Crinacle SINGOLO
Frequency Response graph

11 Likes

Lol

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

12 Likes

Helmholtz resonance chamber, the longer the channel, the greater the volume increase. The same is in aful magic one. It is easy to design, more difficult to put into practice and calculate.