Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

Is m400 better than calyx m?

It is very much like it but a tad cleaner, still leans to warm musical .

1 Like

But m400 is alot more powerful than Calyx right?

1 Like

Yes, it has more power and balanced output.

My ADHD just fucking LOVES this stuff

2 Likes

Lol. Very trippy. But did count how many times the graph changed? My OCD made me want to give it a try.

1 Like
4 Likes

Athena looks great :eyes: How’s the resolution?

2 Likes

Pretty good. I gotta think of what to compare it with…

4 Likes

Hello guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. Hoping to win that amazing piece

1 Like

With the Athena being a $180 closed back, it probably becomes what is the most similar sounding under $200 closed back. The Audio-Technica ATH-M50X comes to mind. Maybe the AKG 371 if you want more sub-bass than the 361, and really who doesn’t. The SIVGA SV021 seems like people love the sound or hate it. The Meze 99 Neo are $200, but are usually too much bass for most. I should throw in the Sony MDR-7506, but they are pretty neutral.

I am reminded why I moved to IEMs in the first place. The value of IEMs versus closed back over the ear is hard to top.

3 Likes

agree, I do like that sense of presence that open back planars give…ambient noise making me feel like I am at the gig :notes:

3 Likes

I agree with this. I think value wise nothing beats IEMs except maybe buds. Having gotten the Focal Celestee in December I feel differently about closed backs and iem’s. The impact the sound has when it hits your entire ear is different from just projecting sound into the ear canal. There is a visceral feeling that iem’s are just at a disadvantaged because of how the sound hits the ear. That being said, It think IEM’s in general are better tuned and that’s probably because it’s easier to tune them.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Yikes that graph is horrible, and I thought the 60 looked rough.

1 Like

I was a sucker for the 60…thought a DIY dude could make it epic. I mighta got a bad BLON? A really bad one

1 Like

My thoughts along the same lines HBB on the Storm.

3 Likes

I appreciate (and do agree with) your aesthetic critiques of Storm, and I can spot you the fact that they don’t fit well for you, that’s an anatomy thing.

One critique of your review I will say though is at no point do you explain why or how you don’t like the sound. You do point out artists you listened to, but you don’t say anything about how the IEM sounds. Even when you say Hola is better, you do not explain how it sounds better, in any way. Regardless of whether or not I agree with your opinion of Storm, it’s a good thing for more people to hear opinions of more sets.

I just don’t know what you based your opinions on because you didn’t tell us. Something to consider for next time.

5 Likes

Ask me anything.

1 Like