Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

My R5 at least SE doesn’t quite have enough juice for the Khan so feel iffy about the R3 but ymmv

I want to get my hands on some MEMS :notes: :v:

3 Likes

Yeah Baby !! me too.

Picked up the star river - screw it! The graph and switches are different enough to give ‘em a shot.

Thanks for the links :handshake:

3 Likes

Oh you’re the best! I know I can trust your opinion on how you hear them, and I’m so glad I don’t have to buy them now, unless you’re like they’re awesome. Love you :kissing_heart:

I got you with impression early March when they come in for sure :handshake:

1 Like

2 Likes

Now we need @hawaiibadboy to get his hands on a Penon Impact

4 Likes

I might buy a set today :notes: :v:

2 Likes

TOTL model I’m sure, best collab yet!

Have you seen graphs?

Yes sir. Tony Tex provided a graph at the end of his last video.

6 Likes

I think I’ll just EQ my Khan LOL :rofl:

Also my friend bought 1 too so hopefully I can hear his set :stuck_out_tongue:

But gotta say TRI makes some beautiful IEMs from the Starsea, Kai to this

4 Likes

Just came across this and I had to say big thanks as I hadn’t thought to listen to some Aphex Twin since getting my Maestro Minis and boy howdy does that thump like I was hoping from this set when I ordered it. :v:

1 Like
8 Likes

I tried the Khan over the weekend and i enjoyed it a lot. Bass is fun and only ever seems too much very occasionally. The rest of the time, it gives loads of presence to drum kicks and bass guitar, which was great. And, from memory, vocals seem less recessed than on the mele, so that’s a huge win (imo). Generally, i think i’m fond of the tuning and what the two DDs do here. There’s on GIANT issue i encountered though - the nozzles are humongous, which was kinda expected but … yeah. I can get them to seal, but the pressure gets irritating after about 30 minutes and then comfort just goes out of the window.

But that’s not on the Khan itself (although … why do the nozzles have to be so large anyway?).

1 Like

Adorable! :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Oooh, that faceplate caught my attention! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I like sparkly, shiny, glittery things, lol.

3 Likes

My short review / summary of the OG Dark Magician.

Have you ever been to a big ass state of the art cinema with Dolby Surround sound and remarked at how clear and defined the dialog is during the pre-show commercials? The OG DM gives a bit of that vibe.

17 Likes