Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 2)

For now though, because they take care of so much manufacturing and have much laxer intellectual property enforcement than the West, China is the expected and perfect place for dupes to come from right now.

If India or another country end up with machining and manufacturing at the same scale and start getting the contracts to make things for Western companies, for sure dupes will come from wherever that is to the same extent.

1 Like

Yah that could be a big problem indeed. Especially since they area able to make them look almost the exact same now.

Right haha. I also noticed that. I must admit its not a bad faceplate though. :sweat_smile:

Yah man, India is the new china. They are in the same position China was 10-20 years ago.

2 Likes

Serms to be a bad trend implemented even worse.

@hawaiibadboy I can not wait for your impressions on the Storm, real curious to see how they line up or differ from my own! I think that you’ll be very pleased with them!

1 Like

I am enjoying them now :notes: :boom:

9 Likes

Don’t be afraid to try different types of tips; you can subtley tweak the sound to your taste. I still find the stock tips (black stem/transparent body) among my favorites for fit and sound. I feel like they bring just a bit more to the lowend.

2 Likes

What’s the tuning sound like to you?

Sounds like a Letshuoer Cadenza but with a slammin DD
Except actually the Cadenza has a DD and Storm has custom BA’s.
I just was going back and forth and Storm bumps Cadenza is kinda anemic

4 Likes

That graph actually isn’t too shabby :thinking:

Now you guys are just messin’ with me because you know I can’t try mine until I get home in June. That’s just mean, bro! :sob:

3 Likes

You got a STORM??

giphy (26)

Lets GOOO!!

3 Likes

Yessir! An acquaintance needed to raise some funds and offered me a deal. Then @Sonofholhorse forced me to purchase them. Bastard…:wink:

Edit: How are you liking them?

5 Likes

Sorry for being such a bully :sweat_smile:
It’ll be worth it the wait and abuse, though. Trust me.

1 Like

Love em.
Was expecting something different based on some comments but it sounds epic and slams for BA

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! I can’t wait to get home to give them a whirl. Though, it looks likes I’m gonna have to fight my girl for them since she already seems to be be pretty enamored with them. :joy:

6 Likes

It’s the looks that grabbed her wasn’t it? :smile:

1 Like

Is the Storm kind of dry-ish then compared to say the Mahina or your preferred area of tuning in general?

She was rockin’ the Empire Ears Odins before this. I got them for her for a BDay present last year because she listens to IEMs more than I do (I listen to over ears more often) and thought she should have a TOTL setup so she thought they were awesome after a demo and I snagged them for her. She still thinks the Odins are more fun, but she says they Storms sound like no IEMs she has heard before. She mentions then being well balanced, very dynamic, and extremely detailed. Moat importantly she says they have “an almost speaker like sound,” that she finds addicting. The only criticism she has is that the upper mids can sound a bit too forward for her liking. I haven’t asked about looks yet, but I’m guessing they were a draw as well.

The mistake I made was having her try them before she paid for them to make sure they were functioning perfectly because I don’t know the guy I bought them from that well (don’t trip, I sent her with a friend I served in the USMC with when she went to buy them). Normally she probably wouldn’t have tried them before I got home, but after that first listen she’s been hooked. :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

That’s pretty much the opposite how my girlfriend approaches my mild IEM addiction, looks are noticed first then whatever the sound might be. :joy:
What does it mean when there seems to be a speaker-like sound to an IEM?

The presentation is more broad; the sense of depth and volume is much greater than on normal IEMs. If you’ve ever used a proper 2-channel speaker setup, you’ll note that things seem to come from beyond and around the speakers instead of FROM them. The only thing that the Storm can’t nail that 2-channel does is the entirely diffuse center image i.e. a center-stage vocalist or solo instrument isn’t QUITE as pinpoint as they could be. Almost everything else is spot-on in a way I have never had another IEM do it, in terms of separation and placement while still maintaining pretty much perfect cohesion.

5 Likes