Bad Guy Good Audio Rankings and stuff (under construction) (Part 1)

3 Likes

Thanks. Yap, can see why the fit is better. Monarch is a brick

1 Like

Sure. I own the ISN H40…

It just does not fit me, (very uncomfortable for my ears and I’ve never enjoyed it. I have brands I prefer a lot more that I want to spend my time and money on.

1 Like

But the sound is worth the pain.

1 Like

Looks like the variations is using moondrops LCP DD, if it is similar to the one in the Aria then it is not my favorite DD tech but it up there on coatings I like.

1 Like

@Resolution When you do your sound impression of the L2, could you compare with the L3? :pray:

I think one of the big questions is: What do you get for $20 more on the L3? Aside from options and customs.

To me, the L3 was “good” but not surprisingly great. Biggest issue was the upper-mids and highs seemed… somewhat smoothed over, kinda veiled. Maybe it was the timbre? Like if the FH3 was a cleaned window, the L3 was a bit fogged over. Not like that smoothing is a bad thing, but just isn’t what I prefer.

1 Like

Sure. I think I can already tell you the L2 is better tuned especially if you like Chris’ target. The L2 is right on top of it for the most part. The L2 is going to be faster (faster leading edge) than the Legacy 3 because of the beryllium coated dd. It sounds really good to my ears. I think I would have preferred it in all their tribrids unfortunately.

I believe Linsoul did a stealth upgrade of the Legacy 3 at some point after the Legacy 4 launched. They changed its faceplate and I heard that it was also updated with the Legacy 4’s dd. I have a custom Legacy 3 Linsoul made for me and it was made before any dd might have been upgraded.

I would already recommend the L2 over the L3 just for the better accessories and I can already confidently say I think the Legacy 2 is the superior IEM, but I haven’t A/B them yet.

1 Like

How long did it take before linsoul was offering custom L3s?

I don’t remember. The only reason I tried the Legacy 3 was because of Chris. I’ve been hanging on his every recommendation since.

Okay, also dou you happen to have the blessing 2, looks like the variation is the same shell. Was wondering how comfortable they were to you.

Thanks for the trust :pray:
Love the L2 :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I do have the blessing 2. It’s why I ordered Variations. It fits me perfectly. I’m hoping it’s a Monarch in a Blessing 2 chassis. Heaven!

Just ordered the legacy 2 with both BGGAR and you advocating it. I wonder how soon the community could pick up on the enthusiasm as a whole.

3 Likes

For 99 bucks, this is a no brainer. IMO the Legacy 2 is competing with every IEM under $300.00 including the Mangird Tea and Moondrop Blessing 2. I haven’t compared them yet but I may prefer the Legacy 2 to the FH3 which I love. Like I said, for its price and stellar tuning, its a no brainer. It’s sooo comfortable!

3 Likes

I’m going to need someone to compare it to the FH3. I had the L4 for a bit, but I wasn’t too impressed and their fit cause suction leading to driver flex for me, but if you, who are a fan of the FH3 like I am, rate them I may need to pick them up.

Nice review, love the explanation of the beryllium coating and what it does. Can’t wait for your video with comparisons. Would you mind also comparing to the FH3? I believe you’re not a big fan, but I feel like it’s one of the more popular sets in that price range (plus I have the FH3 and need to know whether they are different enough to have both lol).

Competing with the teas? Wallet is back on the danger zone

1 Like

@hawaiibadboy any news on your xeens up? :drooling_face:

Lol! Just about to click buy on an FH3. Then this!
So… I hate to ask but FH3 or Legacy 2 for post/prog metal?

Take your pick.