Balanced DAC for THX AAA 789 (is balanced even worth it)? + XLR WTF?

Okay thanks for the advice

Just got my Topping D70 from China. Mindblowing. Did not expect THAT much difference! I Have a Monoprice 788 as well, But the D70’s Balanced out to the 789 is an other league. The basses on the Takstar HF580 are Crisp and Dry, no trace of hollowness I must say. Stereo Image is fantastic, Smooth highs. Plenty of output level, @ -12dB it still has enough headroom. A real recommendation I would say.

I’m glad to hear you like it. It’s still on my short list of DACs I’m considering. What were you using with your 789 before? I wouldn’t expect it to make a large difference.

A Topping D10 and the build-in DAC from a Fiio X5, which are both not bad at all, but yeah for me personally at least a big jump for my dream team :slight_smile: I am waiting now for my Airist R2R which I ordered as well to be delivered some day…

Just to make sure; when you say SDACB, do you refer to the “Grace Design Standard Digital Analog Converter Balanced” sold on Drop.com?

Grace Design SDAC Balanced

Yes. Thats what he means. Its actually a good balanced dac for sub USD200 budget.
I have a D70 and probably its the only thing ill need in my life.

+1 on the D70. I don’t think I’ll need to buy another DAC. It’s a great device.