Best entry level headphones THAT AREN'T THESE

@formerviking @M0N Which ear pad for the Nighthawks were your favorite btw? I can’t choose. I think pleather sounds better, but the micro suede is definitely more comfortable and sounds more fun.

1 Like

Well, that’s really up to your preferences lol. I have been with pleather

I do like the sound of the pleather better. It does get slightly oily though (gross) and the suede one feels more comfortable.

List’s headphones should have detail description after them, if amp is needed what are they like compared to etc.
Then hit that to Sticky topic, always on top. Headphones under 300$, gaming / or & music Read this!!

Would cover a ton of similar topics out.

…Fostex T50RPs, he says, with T50RPs on his head. :stuck_out_tongue: 150$ + 20$ Shure 840 pads

ATH-M40Xs are good apparently (But not M50Xs apparently, lol.)
Fiio EH3 NC (the new wired + usb-dac-wired + wireless headphones) 150$?
Verum Ones are, 350$-ish?
Takstar HF580 (the “bassy Sendy Aivas”)… 200$?
Thieaudio Phantoms (350$)

1 Like

Superlux HD 681
Superlux HD-681 EVO
Philips Fidelio X2HR
ReTrak RA48448

1 Like

Turtle Beach Elite Atlas? (hides)
(…hey, everyone gotta start somehwere.)

1 Like

I’ll tell you the truth, it’s been so long I forget which I preferred. Kind of think the suede, but not positive. I do know I would have wound up going with whichever sounded better to me in the end.

Well I guess I am the odd one out lol. I prefer the suede to the protein leather. It is way more comfortable for long listening, and I prefer the sound. There is a little more bass punch and lower midrange it seems. The protein leather seems to bring up the upper midrange and the highs more.