Best IEM 230 dollar timeless vs etymotic er4xr vs moondrop kato

as stupid as it sounds i just don’t like how Hana 2021 looks that’s why I am not mentioning it cause I know it’s stupid to talk about looks when it comes to IEMs but i just don’t like them at the end of the day you should buy something you like

Oh, that’s totally understandable. Grab the Olina then and mod it :+1: Better than Kato and Timeless for me. Plus, leaves room for dac/amp.

it would cost about 150 160 dollar for me as I checked it I live in turkey with import fess and taxes it costs around 150 160 dollars

Dang, that’s a lot, but still better than the Kato and Timeless! Stock Olina will sound lighter, but after the double filter-mod + tape vents it becomes a bass-canon.

Also, have you considered the KAI (~$80)? It has a lot of bass and in-your-face sound. Good for drill/hiphop and loud volume, but steps down in detail.

i wanna use the IEM for monitoring and light mixing sessions so details are pretty important and no never heard of KAI what brand is that

is there a problem with the forum it doesn’t reply the message sometimes

Ohhh in that case grab the etymotic then :joy: Thought you just wanted a set to listen to drill for enjoyment. I didn’t know you were going to use it for mixing; Etymotics have a neutral tuning and are good for mixing but not the best for listening enjoyment when it comes to hiphop.

Etymotic ER2XR.

What do you guys think about the new Olina SE? apparently its like being modded but a bit better. How do you think will now compared to the KATO ? (I’m deciding between both right now)

Well, the OG modded Olina was already better than the Kato imo so if the SE will be better than the OG then it’s going to be better than the Kato.

1 Like