Best quality multi-purpose iem?

I voted for the 7Hz Timeless and Letshuoer S12 which are both very detailed for the price and have good layering and separation albeit not the widest soundstage.

I would rank the Blessing 2 Dusk slightly above the Timeless for tonality and soundstage. Soundstage improves with these with wide bore tips, I use Whizzer SS20 sound field tips on the Timeless and Moondrop Spring Tips on the S12.

Iā€™d put the S12 a little behind the Timeless, on tonality, I prefer the Timeless. Itā€™s still very good, and less $.

If soundstage factors in to ā€œinstrumental separationā€, like if thatā€™s what you mean, the Tripowin Olina has next level soundstage, beyond any other IEM I have. For tonality though Iā€™d still take the Dusk or Timeless and both have an edge on detail as well I think.

1 Like

Potentially the new $300 king. Keep an eye out for it :eyes:

Out of the entire list, Iā€™ve only heard the Timeless my self but from others impressions of these sets, I would say that the Timeless is an overall amazing set, with one potential caveat, it does have a lot of energy in the upper ranges that could be jarring to some. If youā€™re not ready to EQ, then the Tea would be safer bet. For me personally, the Timeless is nothing short of amazing. What it lacks in Stage and imaging, it makes up in its sheer incredible resolution and layering.

1 Like

from the list of genreā€™s being listened to, an IEM that leans on the warm neutral side would likely be best.

Sorry butā€¦

https://giphy.com/clips/ralph-friday-damn-chris-tucker-WqxqV4WWv7yftHpO4o

:smile::upside_down_face::peace_symbol:

you need to get some dope IEMā€™s :+1:

7 Likes

I like this one better :grin:

4 Likes

Kinda ok with thatā€¦

1 Like

They are different, most people would probably like the A7 more but the A6 is still an iem I love and havent found an upgrade for.

Either way, the A6 is discontinued so its not rly a choice anymore.

I ask because there was someone on headfi selling it for $160. I was super tempted but from reading reviews itā€™s a treble focused iem which I wasnā€™t looking for

It has a LOT of treble air, the most I have heard. It can be lowered with the different filters It has though.

But besides that, the A6 doesnt have good MMCX connectorsā€¦even my own unit is on the verge of deathā€¦

Ah yeah I actually wanted it for mmcx but thatā€™s a bummer to hear. Its hard being in the minority that prefers mmcx. No good IEMs come out with it

A7 has it.

Good point. Itā€™s a lame reason but I donā€™t like the how the A7 looks. I also heard it wasnt as good as the A6 but if you are giving it high praise and itā€™s more neutral I may need to take a second look

yeah, its ugly.

The people that was expecting it to be an A6 did not get that, so they (me) got let down a bit. Its different, with pros/cons.

oh for sure, none of the configs on the A6 was anywhere near neutral.

While:

It also has a lot of mod potential, since you can play around with the nozzles.

Timeless has mmcx and the stock cable is really good

4 Likes

I had the timeless and it was really good but felt sterile for some of my library

1 Like

How would you explain ā€œsterileā€?
Boring?
Recessed?

Maybe itā€™s too V shape?

1 Like

Great question! Its hard to explain but the best way I could describe it is ā€œinorganicā€. For music like rap/hip-hop and electronic it was really good (good separation, detail and bass presence) however for rock, pop and acoustic it felt lifeless and off. Like you could hear the detail of the guitars (hands sliding against strings and the metallic sound of plucking) which was cool but I didnā€™t get that warmth and life that I do with the Olina.

After writing this out I guess I would say it had off timbre for me and lacked warmth and note weight

1 Like

What you are describing is often said as clinical, analytical or dry. Thereā€™s also the planar timbre and decay, which help the situation. Most people here will agree with you, but itā€™s a matter of preferences.

I love planars, but no planar can give me feeling a nice DD can.

3 Likes

Yep, I would agree with those terms as well. The timeless is great but personally, I wouldnā€™t call it a musical set