Best quality multi-purpose iem?

It has a LOT of treble air, the most I have heard. It can be lowered with the different filters It has though.

But besides that, the A6 doesnt have good MMCX connectors…even my own unit is on the verge of death…

Ah yeah I actually wanted it for mmcx but that’s a bummer to hear. Its hard being in the minority that prefers mmcx. No good IEMs come out with it

A7 has it.

Good point. It’s a lame reason but I don’t like the how the A7 looks. I also heard it wasnt as good as the A6 but if you are giving it high praise and it’s more neutral I may need to take a second look

yeah, its ugly.

The people that was expecting it to be an A6 did not get that, so they (me) got let down a bit. Its different, with pros/cons.

oh for sure, none of the configs on the A6 was anywhere near neutral.

While:

It also has a lot of mod potential, since you can play around with the nozzles.

Timeless has mmcx and the stock cable is really good

4 Likes

I had the timeless and it was really good but felt sterile for some of my library

1 Like

How would you explain “sterile”?
Boring?
Recessed?

Maybe it’s too V shape?

1 Like

Great question! Its hard to explain but the best way I could describe it is “inorganic”. For music like rap/hip-hop and electronic it was really good (good separation, detail and bass presence) however for rock, pop and acoustic it felt lifeless and off. Like you could hear the detail of the guitars (hands sliding against strings and the metallic sound of plucking) which was cool but I didn’t get that warmth and life that I do with the Olina.

After writing this out I guess I would say it had off timbre for me and lacked warmth and note weight

1 Like

What you are describing is often said as clinical, analytical or dry. There’s also the planar timbre and decay, which help the situation. Most people here will agree with you, but it’s a matter of preferences.

I love planars, but no planar can give me feeling a nice DD can.

3 Likes

Yep, I would agree with those terms as well. The timeless is great but personally, I wouldn’t call it a musical set

I voted Cannon of your choices. Had you put, the Tea 2 it would be my second rec. I personally love the Cannon and keep the switches at 100 for some more bass. If you do want the extra warmth and to be able to tune I’d go Cannon. If you want better imaging/soundstage I’d go Tea 2. I do find though that to my ears the Cannon is the more fun musical set of the two.

2 Likes

Cannon is very interesting but too QC reports.
I’m considering Kato, Raptgo and S12.

I do agree that off the bat they are really good for these genres.

I haven’t to it much since I got busy then I receive Chu, and now my phone broke.

Hopefully next week I will try Timeless with my whole library.