Blon B20 vs Beyerdynamic DT1990

I don’t have the DT-1990 but there is something that keeps me reaching for these B20’s. The bass isn’t crazy but it’s there. Listening to edm, blues, etc… It’s like I’m right there listening almost live. The ability to hear detail with a bass thumping as fast as it does means I’m not missing anything. My ears don’t seem to get tired of wearing these headphones pretty much everyday as I work. I will say I have noticed weird little differences with equipment I have hooked them up too.

• Sounds best with airist R-2R + THX 887.
  • Pleasant and I would say more thick with a Dragonfly Cobalt
  • Schiit fulla 3 or magni heresy, a bit sterile and flat on the highs so eq a bit richer on bass and touch up a little in mids with my Loki.
  • Fiio Btr5 needs more data

If any other reason to have the blond, they look gorgeous and are extremely photogenic. The sound stage with the current pads are great and out of the box I don’t want to mess with the headphones. I can’t justify buying the Aiva’s based on what I hear in the reviews and I can see why Zeos keeps this pair on the wall over anything else of the Sendy clones.

I agree, they sound so close unless you have to have the build and look of the sendy’s it doesn’t make sense

1 Like

I say that, but my question is why does Z have the B20 and Aiva on the wall? Only non-accoustic answer I can give is that Linsoul recommendations are a steady stream of income. I walk away from using the B20 and Aiva discussion just thinking if you want to Aiva but sound stage and bass is what you want out of the box and no modding… You can’t beat the B20 out of the clones while being at a good price point. I will buy my cousin a pair if Drop sells it for $350 again.

hoipefully newer batches dont fall victim to poor driver eq

1 Like

They really don’t sound different tbh, the sendy just has a bit less stage, that’s pretty much it, they both have somewhat poor bass for a planar unfortunately (but that’s by design). I don’t really think I could justify owning both, everything in my collection has to have a specific use case that doesn’t overlap lol

1 Like

I thought the bass was very nice on the Aiva’s and B20’s

Thanx for your review …
I had them for 2 days and the S sound is sharp … fixed it with -8db @10k
Do you have same issue ??

For the 1990 absolutely had to do the same thing with that area. Very sharp. Also I use an eq setting from oratory1990 that is really good

1 Like

I know it has been a while but how did the blons sound with the btr5?

I have the blon for months now…
Stock cables have problem causes crosstalk between left right channels and S harshness made me avoid listening to 3/4 of the songs