▶ Buchardt A500

I‘m also not the biggest fan of those active speaker systems. You can’t upgrade anything without replacing the whole system.
I always go for a passive speaker with an analog integrated and a streaming dac, for optimal upgradability

1 Like

Sure you can. Better preamp, better source or bigger speakers. It’s way easier.
Or just aim for the top and fully digital with digital everything all the way to speaker.
Or analog if that’s the pleasure.
And then there is no need no upgrade anything after that. :wink:
Unless more and bigger of the same thing.

I wonder what the build is like internally, one reviewer showed the inside of the s300 and it was interesting some of the materials inside.

Yeah I don’t know of a store even close to me that has equipment that expensive. They offer 30 days and that dude is legit cool. With DSP and the way he engineers things I can’t fathom how they could possibly not be amazing.

My only caveat is if I spend that much I’d like them to be something that would be around for 20 years that get passed down, and with all the electronics inside the speakers it makes me wonder about the life expectancy

Don’t have any knowledge on buchards lifelong maintenance ability’s.
Some how i have a feeling that any modern day electronics and 20 years of usage and still be functional… would be more rare than normal.
I can remember many stories of +20 year old laundry machines. Still working great… but the modern ones… if you get 5-10 years that’s good. Our familys old tv had +15years of daily usage. Worked great… modern ones probably won’t last that long… my old had 8 years and stopped responding and black screen.

I made my decision on Genelecs also because of their long maintenance capabilities. They can upgrade newer amps, change drivers and so on for a long period of time.

Probably any passive speaker will take the 20 years more easily and still function great.
If the drivers last and won’t have sunlight and other harmful ways of effects.