Can anyone experience high end gaming audio

Hey buddy, unfortunately, you got me completely lost there. I am new to the audio and I am not sure what you mean by the ‘line level’ or the setup.

I am really sorry for being such a noobie, but would you be willing to elaborate more on your suggestion?

Line level is what you get from devices such as CD-Players, Computers, Audio Interfaces, Game Consoles, etc. This is normally connected by RCA or TS connectors (or the 3.5mm TRS commonly known as “Aux Cable”)

In simple terms:
There might be a mixer that accepts Optical (= Toslink), I don’t know any. So just like you said, you need to convert Toslink to analog to feed it into a mixer.
That mixer then also gets feeds (= signal from a different source) from your device handling voice chat, music, etc.

The “Master” (= all the feeds combined) of the mixer can then be used to feed a headphone amp, speakers, bluetooth sender, etc.

For its ruggedness and size (and for being passive), I would recommend you take a look at the ART SplitMix 4

Depending on your devices, you may need 1/4" to 1/8" (6.3mm to 3.5mm) Adapters and/or RCA to TRS splitters:

2 Likes

did I get all your comments right in this image setup?

And the DAC to Mixer to use RCA to TRS and Mixer to AMP TRS to RCA cable right?

1 Like

When will we move to High End gaming audio? :slight_smile:

As for the question in headline. Yes.

[quote=“MadGman, post:24, topic:19132, full:true”]
When will we move to High End gaming audio? :slight_smile:

As for the question in headline. Yes.
[/quote]Well, for someone like me the DT1990 is a high end gaming audio. Thinking about it now this may be just an entry level gaming audio for a lot of hifi enthusiast. My bad.

In a nutshell, I have been using a cheap headset for like 6 years and have recently invested in a pair of HD660s and a DAC/AMP and was not noticing any big improvements, given I wear a hearing aid in one ear, I wondered if everyone can notice the difference in game between cheap old headsets and ‘high end’ gaming audio setup.

But again the ‘high end’ probably means something different to experienced hifi enthusiast.

1 Like

Yep

That depends on the mixer (and Amp).

I am thinking about getting the Schiit ASG and Modius

only one I can speak of for certain is definitely the Tygr / amiron wireless filters… you have to order them from beyer as they are a spare part from them.

that’s the 1990s with B pads on… blue line is with the filter implemented. Courtesy of Cevisi for making the graph

do you mean these beyerdynamic Foam Disc Amiron wireless

or maybe these Amazon.co.uk

Yea the first link there. I use them myself anymore… nice cheap addition for dealing with the treble

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, not only are they out of stock but also until the Brexit is sorted out the won’t ship to the UK, which means I probably have to look at some alternatives.

I saw one reddit post where someone claimed layers of a paper should provide similar results, which seems really odd?

I am just thinking, maybe it will be best all together if I return the 1990 and get the TYGR 300r ? I have gone over a tone of posts here and it seems as though the 300r are basically 1990/990 but without that pricing treble.

The more I use 1990 the more I notice it as well as listening to music seems a bit too bright. From what you are saying using that filter should fix that but I don’t have a realistic prospect of getting my hands on one for the foreseeable future.

no… they are quite different in signature, detail retrieval, build, etc. Not a bad headphone for certain but if your really having that many issues with treble it’s definitely an option. Tygrs however, are much more of a Warm signature they definitely don’t have that Sibilance issue

yes, this does work… its a common trick for pretty much any of the beyers granted I would recommend foam instead of paper of sorts

Well, if that is the case then I will try stuffing them with some paper towels :slight_smile: I guess I will have to make fill them with a bit of it to imitate the thickness of that foam? I will get the foam once they are back in stock and shipping to the UK.

detail retrieval difference you mentioned, I am correct to think 1990 have a tone more detail to the sound? This is actually something I really like about them, how cristal clear and detail the sound, both gaming and music. Following this train of thought, I am correct to think 300r sound more muffled? or sort of blured?

Its the 990 driver with the new foam pad. But yes signature is quite diffrent

Dont put a towel inbetween

Write beyerdynamic an email and order this Art. No

Those are the same pads used by the tygr 300 r. I love my 1990 for gaming i upgradet from 990 but i love them more for gaming with dekoni elite velours and this amiron home pads

2 Likes

I would love to order those buddy, the problem is they say they are not doing any business with the UK until Brexit is finished, and god knows when that will be :frowning:

1 Like

They may not be doing it on a mass scale, but honestly, an email wont hurt. Plus, if you do like the 1990s and would like to try it im sure someone here would be willing to proxy pads to you

1 Like

Yebs, an email sent :slight_smile: and fingers crossed, I will also try the paper thing. And YES, I really like 1990!

1 Like

3 layers of paper towel and analitical pads, oh man, f**k me. metalica ‘nothing else matters’ masters concert version, man it felt like I was there, all the memories from open concerts I have gone to, I nad a small tear in my eye.

Also for gaming I love this combo, everything is Just clean and detalied. I Think the paper trick will do it form me until I can get my hands on the foam.

2 Likes