Can different amps change a games sound?

You can get a really good deal on the Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6xx which is the drop.com version. On eBay they’re always for sale and I’ve gotten some for great prices with an eBay alert set when something new gets listed, or an auction that closes in the middle of the night. They’re like the Tom Hanks of headphones, versatile and good for most anyone. They scale with power and the best I heard them sound for music was with the SMSL SP200 and Khadas tone board. For $140 you can get a good clean pair with the eBay app on your phone to ding when a new listing shows for them. Also last year they put them on black Friday sale for $169, so they’ll probably do the same this year.

for music sure the 6xx is nice but for competitive gaming i’d stray hard from sennheiser in general. 660s are decent but for the price there’s way better options.

Yep they’re more suited to single player games where the soundtrack is the star of the show. I have the HD598, HD599, and PC37x now and the PC37x is best, but the 598 isn’t bad either with the soundstage. The 599 has a little too much bass for game explosions.
For competing like for prize money, the Audio Technica ADA1000x wins, the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home was fantastic, but the recessed mids made it lame for music (male vocals suffered) or anything at loud volumes. Detail and sound stage were really good. When I do PVP these days I just put on my Venture Electronics VE Monk ear buds (64 ohm using a 6.5mm adapter on the amp) and they’re great for gaming with the sound stage they have. Also for $10 you can’t go wrong for the occasional pvp player.

I think for now I’m quite happy with my K702 and DT990. Both seem pretty good to me after spending a little bit of time with the DT990.

I’m sure there are plenty options out there but I’ve got a good amount of headphones now. I’ll need to see which ones I want to get rid of before buying some new ones.
I’m hoping the K702 and DT990 will do me nicely for a little while.