Cascade headphones

Glad to hear! They will definitely be my long term closed backs. I had my 99 Classic’s for three years. I think these will be here longer.

When people ask what headphones are my favourite, I used to reply Grado GH2’s and Focal Elex’s. Now I would add the Cascades and make that my Holy Trinity. :grin:

2 Likes

That’s great variety in your Holy Trinity!

I’m finding it hard to take the cascade off my head. Everything sounds so enjoyable. I guess i’ve found what i’ve been missing for so long, more bass. They sound so thick.

3 Likes

Wow, these sound good without a system!
We had a power blackout here today for an hour. I have been fixated on planar’s for about two weeks and haven’t touched these in an even longer period of time.

No power grid, so I switch on my Sony ZX300 DAP and dug out my Cascades with the balanced cable.

Wow what a full, bassy, fun sound. Just going through some new/recent music by Magnolia Bayou and other recent purchases.

In a worst case scenario, I could survive with just these two pieces of gear. Adding in the Grado’s for contrast would be a complete system, for me. :laughing:

Back on the planar’s tomorrow, but these need another solid week of listening. :+1:

3 Likes

I can’t get over these honestly.
Way past the usual honeymoon phase I get with headphones - I don’t know if it’s the berylium coated driver or what but my god what a sound.
I wassn’t expecting anything much more than to fill my basshead cans requirement but they are way more than just that.
Only downside I can think of is the soundstage but honestly it’s very similar to most other closed backs - highly highly recommended!

5 Likes