Cheap, well-tubing headphones help?

check the list for my setup in the main post I made

reading reviews on the P20 u want to use the balanced output as the se is disappointingā€¦which is often the case. one output excels while the other suffers, especially on budget amps.

that introduces a conundrum as balanced cables arenā€™t cheap.

if youā€™re going for warmth in your sound, have you thought of looking at anything using a burr brown chipset?

also, taking advantage of the used market can often save you enuff to get a step up from what you were looking at new. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

250 second hand??? @Marzipan looks like Iā€™ll be joining Nighthawk gang soon :triumph::triumph::triumph::triumph:

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard great things about the vali. That amp is compact as well with good tube rolling possibilities.

Good note about the balanced cables none of them are cheap usually ends up about 60 - 100 usd minimum

1 Like

what about the vali 2+?:

(14) Schiit Vali 2+ (Z Reviews) - YouTube

Schiit Audio: Audio Products Designed and Built in California

I am fan of the Little dot 1+ amp.
It cost a bit more but is more tubey and gives some good tubes for a little Price.
I find them better as the Schiit Vali 2 and the rest of the Hybrid amps who the market gives.

The Little dot have a nice warm clean sounding.

2 Likes

For a hybrid itā€™s great. Canā€™t go wrong with that hybrid. I probably would side with @Deleeh on this heā€™s right about the little dot 1+

2 Likes

Get the Drop 6xx instead, $220

those are 650s, and double my budget for headphones :<

Can I use the MKII instead? itā€™s much prettier c:

AmazonSmile: Little Dot MK2 MKII 6J1 X 2 6N6 X 2 Tube Standard Hybrid Headphone Headphone Amp Pre-Amp Tube Amplifier (MKII): Electronics

These are $400 new tho

1 Like

thatā€™s implying I didnā€™t have a $100 budget, check the link to see what is my current pick for what I am actually going to get lolol

Arenā€™t the Grados good with tube amps? SR60x is $99, 80x is $129. The e version (older) should go even cheaper in the used market.

Guess i misunderstood your post. Good luck on your search!

1 Like

Yeah of course :100::ok_hand:

1 Like

all aboard the TUBE TRAIN

1 Like

I prefer that the little dot 2 has the pre out as well. Heaps of combos to be done with speakers and pre-amping for solid state. Much more flexible overall *if it fits your budget.

1 Like

It does! (character limit dumb motherfucker)

1 Like

the only problem is the MkII is an otl, so u need high impedance headphones.

It is somewhat versatile :+1:

4 Likes