Chinese tube power/pre-amps, tube buffers

it could have been a problem with your electronics i would say i dont hear of many problems with these units because they use off the shelf bluetooth modules. then again i dont use Bluetooth for any sort of quality listening so it kinda defeats the purpose IMO unless you really need the added convenience.

@Pugsly also i would check xDuoo MT-602 people love it and its a better headphone amp and also a better tube pre amp.

ā€¦itā€™s also a brand of Jeans. :grimacing:

Sylvania 6AK5 how did you like them? i want to try to upgrade from GE ones

I just finished upgrading the stock 5532 OP amps that were in the front sockets of the aiyima t7 tube. And wow what a change. I used the op 1656 on adapters and I was very afraid it would not fit because as you can see the separate PCB shelf in the design creates a very close tolerance between op amps and seperate tube board . They do make contact but it is already 99% inserted.

The sound change is immediate and I am going to upgrade my suca audio pre amp the same way . I might get the same model but Iā€™ve also heard good things about the muse op amps But it seems complicated since those are single channel and not dual like the 1656? Anyways I found myself turning the volume about 10% more than usual The sound is more airy and clarity throughout has increased I would say about a 10% improvement in total sound. After I upgrade the power supply I think this would rival most preamps under $500. And it certainly rivals my bellari maybe not in warmth But fidelity and musicality are even better. and thatā€™s 300$ so maybe the schiit Freya would be a nice comparison no matter how ridiculous that may sound.

1 Like

Real chube amp, mids-oriented, 180$. Interesting!

Has anyone used something like this HiFi 12AX7 Tube Preamp Valve Tube Preamp Home Stereo Audio Preamplifier | eBay

:smiley:

Hello,
The Little Dot 1+ I bought last year in December and was happy with broke a few weeks ago.

I decided to open it and have a look.
The cause was quickly found.
A wobbly tube socket and a capacitor.
I knew the site Hificollektiv which is in England and ordered the necessary parts there.
Unfortunately, they didnā€™t have any film capacitors.
I found them at Conrad.de in Germany.
I wanted to fit the Wimaā€™s, but unfortunately they didnā€™t fit because the wire was shortened.
So I took the Mex again in a new version.
I also replaced the film capacitors at the same time because one was pressing on the circuit board and the other on the soldered joint of the tube socket.

When everything came from England, I went to work.
The tube sockets were replaced and set a little higher.
Replaced the defective capacitors with Audio Note ones for voltage equalisation.
I exchanged the Elnaā€™s for the Nichicon Fg.
I always replaced the capacitors in pairs.
I also replaced the Rca sockets and the cable.
And later it worked again.

After the burn in, I replaced the op amp with the Burson V5i.
And in the meantime, itā€™s a sight to behold.
I enjoy it very much with the Ef92 Brimar tubes.

It also sounds much less strained, more open and fuller.
All in all, Iā€™ve gained, and the temperature has also become more stable and balanced.

I donā€™t know if it was a Monday product.
But such a defect after 300 hours is really bitter.
But it was kind of fun to equip it with better parts.
They werenā€™t much more expensive than the normal parts.
Itā€™s a real shame I would have paid the 25$/ā‚¬ more if at least decent parts had been installed.

The advantages and results are great if you supply the China amps with better capacitors and such.
Nevertheless, I will avoid it in the future.

Does anyone know what to replace a chinese 6Z5P tube rectifier with? Is an upgrade even worthwhile, since itā€™s the rectifier?

usually they do not recommend changing the rectifier as its a very simple device. start with other tubes first or add a pre amp if you need more tweaking.

I thought Iā€™d share my experience with cheap China made hifi. About six months ago I got a Reisong/Boyuu Yulu M2 speaker amp for just over $200 shipped from ChinaHiFi.com

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/en/reisong-tube-amplifier-boyuurange-audio-c-48/reisong-yulu-m2-tube-el34-integrated-valve-amplifier-single-ended-class-a-boyuur-p-1494?zenid=c90df42d79bd592c3c2469fb775ac84b

This is a single ended speaker amp using EL34s for an output tube and a tube rectified power supply. It puts out 8w per channel has two inputs(switched on the back)and a volume control. They didnā€™t have any 115v models on hand so I had to wait a couple of weeks to get one. It fairly well built. No rattles or flex to it. The knobs feel fine and things work as they should. The real surprise was when I turned it on. Dead silent across the whole volume range. Zero buzz. The AC in my house isnā€™t the cleanest but this thing doesnā€™t seem to mind. I have a smallish room and I use Tekton Mini Lores that are pretty efficient so 8watts works fine for me. I swapped the power tubes out for EH ones but the power tubes donā€™t make that much of a difference. I just had them from another amp so why not? The sound of the amp itself is not what I would describe as overly tubey. Itā€™s not lush or romantic as my Jolida push pull amp. The mids are clear and in line with the majority of the frequencies. The bass may be a little bit light but goes deep and can produce slam when called for. The highs are not rolled off and can get a little pushy depending on program material. I wouldnā€™t go so far as to call it bright but it doesnā€™t gloss over anything. Overall the amp has a lit up, lively quality and projects a nice wide stage with ok depth. Iā€™ve had some really stirring musical experiences with this amp and itā€™s integrated into my HT setup so movies are a blast as well. Next up I need to look into swapping the driver tube but there arenā€™t a lot of real viable alternatives.

Overall for just over $200 including shipping, itā€™s hard to beat musically.

2 Likes

Thats a lovely little amp :slight_smile:

But replacing that 6N1J could be difficult, there doesnā€™t seem to be a clear replacement.

1 Like

The only sure fire one would be the Russian 6n1p. More of a lateral move really.

In addition to my headphone chain I actually us the Nobsound tube buffer in front of my solid state e-guitar amp and it works so well! All the harshness and scream that was very unpleasing from this cheapish amp is taken away!

I blame you all and the enablers on Youtube.

For $39.60 ($43.99 sale price less $4.39 with code Xmas and free shipping by Amazon) from Fosi Audio and a great shopping experience, I now have the compliment to the clean linear power of the Topping E30 + L30 stack from Apos Audio (who also provided a great experience and a decent price match).
This effectively replaced the little tubeclear power station which was my xDuoo TA-01B with an Electro-Harmonix tube, which has found a new home with a friend who just caught the disease.

Of course I have been hunting new tubes like the Voskhod Rocket and replacement opamps, but having just plugged in the unit Iā€™m going to let the stock tubes burn in for a while before connecting it into the stack with a second $8.99 Jelly Tang cable. I was glad that Fosi didnā€™t include yet another junk RCA cable in the box.

The design is just close enough that I would pay extra for a matching Topping P30, but of product which do exist, next is likely a RCA switch so I can can easily switch between the honest and the good.

PS. No need to mention it. Itā€™s four times better than 48 kHz even more better than CD quality.

1 Like

A pair of Voskhod Rocket 6J1P / 6Zh1P / 6AK5 /EF95 / 6F32 / 6J1, a pair of Svetlana 6J1P / 6Zh1P / 6AK5 / EF95 / 6F32 and pair of Voskhod Rocket 6J1P-EV / 6Zh1P-EV / 6AK5 / EF95 / 6F32 / 6J1 are on their way from Russia.

Two other replacement components are on their way from Hong Kong thanks to a generous vendor, details of which will follow later.

Three weeks after ordering, a battered cardboard box in a plastic bag arrived from Chelyabinsk containing six undamaged tubes wrapped in a foam sheet.

After replacing the stock tubes with a pair of Voskhod Rockets I played white noise at them for a couple of days and have just started to listen uncritically. My first impression is good, however comparisons will have to wait.

More photos in the album

2 Likes

Just ordered these, will see how they will sound :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Iā€™m interested to read about your experience.

Iā€™ve swapped each of my pairs of tubes a couple of times, listening on different headphones, but over a period of several non-consecutive days. While I have thought that one pair sounded noticeably more enjoyable than the previous, Iā€™ve been unable to reliably replicate the result - most likely due to the failure of distant auditory memory. I plan to do better comparisons when opportunity arises.

1 Like

OK, that does it. I have been meaning to try out some new tube sets that I have recently obtained on My TA-20, but I have been hesitant to pull out the Genelex Gold Lion tubes that are currently installed because I love how they sound. So I just need to get over myself try these new tubes. You never know - I may have solid gold sitting these boxes!

To be continuedā€¦

Seems they sound fuller, more bassier than the Voskhod tubes, but less clear, narrower at the top end. Overall I enjoy them a lot, but it really depends on what kinda sound you are looking for.

FX Tube 3 with Burson opamps, linear power supply is the preamp/buffer setup btw.