Chinese tube power/pre-amps, tube buffers

This is a Nobsound Little Bear P10. Available locally. Should i get decent tube amps, or would these do the job?

Never heard this one, but apparently the “Little Bears” do sound good.
I know Zeos reviewed the B4 and/or B4X portable ones.

These aren’t reviewed at all. I think it has a too small niche or not good enough for everyone to know. I might get those as my temporary amp.

I would really just hold of here and get a more proper amp imo, I think it will be better in the long run

If you want cheap fun the Tube-03 is like 30$ and tubes are inexpensive too, heh.

1 Like

M0N comes saving the day! Hahah

I mean the cheaper chifi tube stuff is aight, but saving for something a bit higher like a little dot mk2 or whatnot would be beneficial for the 6xx imo

2 Likes

Yeah I mean… the Tube 03 is just so dirt cheap for a pre and an EQ lol.
I was like “yeah I want to try this” buy now.

I am very curious about this too. I have one of these cheap ChiFi tube buffers and when routed through my Atom or SP200 the sound definitely outperforms the Loxjie P20. I understand the P20 is not considered the best example of the tube sound, but either of those combos leave it in the dust. I did score a DarkVoice on the last Drop. Whenever that gets here (which who knows?) I’ll be doing a direct head-to-head. Of course I will report here.

2 Likes

Maybe the cheap chi-fi messes with the sound electronically too, which is not well received in the “audiophile” community versus “real big-ass tubes with big-ass transformers” like the Darkvoice lol.

That is one of my questions. Problem is, if the two options (DV and cheap buffer) sound reasonably close, I won’t know wether to be ecstatic or pissed. We’ll find out!

You’ll know the difference between what people might call “true” tubes and… “lesser” ones, and you’ll sell one of these, at least. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just ordered Voskhod 6J1P-EV tubes. Yay!

Still haven’t received the Voskhods, but right now I’m “tubing” my PS3. Lol. (PS3 → Tube-03 buffer → Atom)

Who’d have thunk!

Trying Voskhod 6J1P-EVs :slight_smile:
They’re smaller than the stock ones.

Even after only 5 minutes they add low-end warmness and detail, IMO.
Man I love messing with cheap shit. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I got a splitter, and I got enough wires. Yay! A/B time.

FX Audio Tube-03, standard tubes:
A/B-ing, with headphones, what can I say… Either T50RPs or HD58Xs, I press my JDS Atom RCA-or-3.5mm switch, and there’s a saloon in my head. More detail. More echoes. I press it again and there’s a veil. That’s not an EQ thing. Not a volume thing. I’ve been doing this for one hour, lol.

The Voskhod 6J1P-EVs… adds warmth and maybe a bit of sparkle compared to the stock tubes if you leave the bass + treble switch alone. And everything sounds more… classy. Quality tubes.

Someone told me I wouldn’t hear much of a difference with HD58Xs because they don’t really play well with tubes. False: That’s a tube buffer, so it works well with everything. :slight_smile: I hear the exact same difference with my T50RPs or my HD58Xs.

Whatever the tubes you use, the Tube-03 definitely adds width. I received four tubes and they weren’t perfectly matched. Switching one from left to right made the left channel or the right channel louder. Yup. The FX Audio Tube-03 is a stereo tube amp, wired in stereo. :ok_hand:

No regrets, this will make my quarantine sound classier. :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Headphones:
The simplest definition of what I hear is, without the tube amps, you hear the sound is coming from… “somewhere in front of you”. And with the tubes, the sound is right there, left-right, singers whispering at your ears, etc. More soundstage, more wideness, but more closeness too.

Trying with speakers.
You know what Zeos said about good speakers? They “disappear”. What does theeze do to speakers? Yup. They make my 125$ Fluance SX6s “disappear”… more than usual. I recently bought a Micca center channel. I just verified if it was on. Nope. I think I just understood why Zeos doesn’t use centers.

Random song, with tubes: The piano is somewhere 10ft, a bit at my right, echoing. The singer is in front of me, 4ft away from me. Two acoustics guitars behind him. Left, right… and I just heard the left one screw up. Never heard it before. It was not subtle at all.

Same song, no tubes: The piano is 8ft away from me. The singer is 6ft away from me. The guitarists are beside him. The left one screwed up, but it was subtle.

Final verdict: In all cases, drum kick volumes are reduced. A lot. The bass knob on the Tube-03 might help, but if you’re a basshead, pass. This tube amp’s job appears to be to smoothen everything and make everything sound “airy”, not “bassy”. If you want to know what is “holographic soundstage and depth”, give this a try. I find it quite disconcerting that headphones and speakers can do this actually. Inexpensive ones even. Will a 30$ tube amp and tiny 5$-or-less Voskhod “CCCP” ☭ tubes make your system sound better? That’s subjective. Will it make everything sound different? A lot.

1 Like

Here is the review from the next best thing… he loves this piece of chifi hardware. I’m till skeptical on build quality.

Listening to the new Testament album through my Tube-03 – because why not. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m wondering if it’s normal but I’m “breaking in” tubes (voskhods) and if the volume on the tube-03 is at more than 10:00 :clock10: there’s a ton of distortion (the one you definitely don’t want to hear). Oh well, my 1 watt per channel JDS Atom is useful right now!

These ones work for sure though, lol. They glow twice as much as the 2 others I got (bought 4). Oh well, time to leave these on for 10 hours (too!) I guess (…and not unattended).