Comfortable, lightweight headphones for big ears / head - under €800

Ahh. I can’t seem to bend my AD1000X at all, not really wanting to try any harder, but the R70x is just so much more flexible - different style headband, more malleable. But, I understand it might not work as well for everyone.

1 Like

I mean, I wish someone would get creative with the aeons and 3d print up some snap on plastic that allows easy interchangeable pad swaps. I would definitely use them. Personally, I despise heat build up, have extremely large ears, a big head, and pretty particular in my sound lol. Though the aeons still remain one of my all time favorites even though my preference remains to be velour pads. I think the Anandas be great for you I can’t in good conscience recommend aeons since you seem to have issues with sheepskin and heat buildup

With the Anandas (or other egg shaped Hifiman), would there be any concern with ears touching drivers due to pad depth? @munch, did this cause any issue when you tried the HE1000?

Strangely not! I don’t have very protruding ears, just flat with a large area.

@Falenkor - that would be really good. I actually did that to my Elear to put some Brainwavz pads on it. Worked really well, but the Elex pads sounded better and felt better in the end, since it added too much thickness.

1 Like

The pads are on the thinner side so my ears did touch the drivers which I didn’t think about may cause some issues depending on the person. Wasn’t an issue for me personally. I have protruding ears though. Probably why I appreciate the aeons more though. Those pads are like an inch thick

Not to necro the thread but… I ended up getting the Focal Clear, the HiFiMAN was really difficult to find in stock around my budget.
Despite me whining about the weight earlier, it’s not bothering me at all, and the clamp is not too strong either. Got a really good deal on a demo sample, that was likely never even used.

Just thought I would update since you guys have been so helpful and nice :slight_smile:
They sound basically perfect to me, with the exception of stage being a little on the small side, but it still feels airy and images well enough for me.
Not sure I’d be happier with the HiFiMAN, but I’m thinking I will want to demo them first, or even the Arya, if I put aside a little more money next time (assuming there is a next time, these Clear are really good IMO).

Cheers!

There are many headphones under this budget, I would suggest you to check this article before making your purchase.