Considering an upgrade

It’s a nice little dac/amp, but there really wasn’t anything super stand out about it

Alright. I’ll keep my eye and hope for a lighting deal on the LS or K5 Pro. I’ve heard good things about the M100 from SMSL. Would the D10 be a better choice, if I don’t go for a combo?

Regarding the d10 vs m100, I would just say whatever is more readily available, as they are both great and work well with the liquid spark or jds atom

Thanks again.

I just saw Z’s review for the SMSL SP100 and now I’m really considering the M100/SP100 combo. I can grab it on Amazon for $190.

If you are looking for a hybrid tube that would be a good option. If you wanted a more transparent and accurate sound, the jds labs atom is a great choice (or the liquid spark)

It’s something I’ve been interested in trying but finding a Dark Voice or Little Dot for a good price has been pretty difficult.

I can always keep my Magni, get the M100 and SP100. Got options I suppose.

I’m glad I didn’t pull the trigger on ordering anything. The local headphone shop will be carrying the Ifi Zen dac/amp @ $189 CAD.

headphone bar in Vancouver, japaul?

That’s the one. It looks like it was very recently listed.

yes…I emailed and they said they expect stock to arrive tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks for the info. Saves me from pressing F5 every few minutes in Gmail.

1 Like

Will Monolith 789 THX portable work with ps4?

PS4 has Toslink output and 789 THX portable should have digital 3.5mm Toslink/Optical input.
So yes, should work.