DAC/AMP for DT990s & Microphone questions for a beginner

Thanks mate, much appreciated the can’t wait to get everything set up

With the s2000 pro you can connect the xbox via optical and connect your pc by using the pre out of the spark to control volume

1 Like

I could recommend some alternatives but would depend on your preference in sound. 990 is a bit of a special case being one of the only ones I know of with an actual V signature outside of certain headphones with particular pad swaps. Other alternatives would be either a Warm signature or more Neutral if you wanted to the keep the bass… Something like the Tygr 300r is a good replacement for a warm headphone as you lose that treble, DT 880 is a good replacement to tone back the brightness but you lose the bass presence, and 58x Jubilee for the neutrality or HD 598 if you want a larger soundstage. You can of course get a Dekoni Blue if you can find it at a good price… its the only V signature that comes to mind made from the T50RP modders headphone and is a planar which you can find in the same price range as dt 990 and it isn’t -as- bright

Thx M0N. I kinda figured as much but didn’t want to say less I was certain.

Hey mate thanks for your response,
I only use my xbox to play games and use the headphones all the time, so would it be possible to have both the my PC connected to the E30 via USB and the Xbox via optical to the E30 then have pre out from the spark to the s2000pro and the headphones connected to the Spark?

Thanks mate my check out the Dekoni Blue’s and the HD 598 similar price range here so I’m all for looking into them, once again thanks for all your help

This is a better way of doing it than I suggested, I forgot the e30 has an optical in lol, this should work without issue

No problem mate, thanks very much for the clarification I’m keen to get this set up! Last question would it be possible for me to add a sub later with this set up? If so what would be the best way to go about it?

You would just grab 2 y rca splitter cables, and then a y subwoofer cable

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ZQS4N4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_5e-pFb007TC2R

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D5H8N8K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_gf-pFbJYX6K7R

You would then use the 2 splitters out of the liquid spark pre out, one to the speakers and one to the sub cable

Thanks for linking me these mate much appreciated, been nothing but help what I love about reading all the posts around here.

Just need to decide on some bookshelf speakers before I go buy everything I have the edifier s2000pros or the swans in mind but I’m planning on putting them under my tv after it’s wall mounted and I’m afraid they’ll require me to put the tv to high. I will be measuring it up and checking first though. Also was considering the jbl 305ps as they are a bit easier to get your hands on. Do you have any other suggestions for bookshelf speakers around this price rangeish? Will be approx 80% music 20% movie usage

I might mention adam t5v or vanatoo t0, those are pretty solid speakers overall. The 305p is an excellent speaker for the price, but they can get harsh or overly neutral for casual listening imo

Thanks mate I’ll check them out, thanks again for the help stay safe

I love my Vanatoo T0 speakers. Have had them a couple of years and they’ve been awesome for my desktop setup.

Hey so I’ve got everything now! I’ve just been trying to set it up, but for some reason my computer isn’t detecting the E30’s as an output. The way i have it set up right now is:

Usb → e30 power → RCA between E30 & Spark (via the ‘I’ ports, not even sure what the difference is… is this the right one?) —> DT990’s into the spark

So all of them light up and have power, but the problem is windows isn’t showing the E30s as an output for me in the sound control panel under playback

EDIT: Ok i’m stupid… I forgot that you have to connect the other USB for the connection … will try the setup now!

2 Likes

Thanks mate, actually think I might get the t5v after checking them out, if I can find anywhere with them in stock, actually throwing up between them mr624s and the 305ps, 624s are also out of stock most places so waiting because the 305ps are putting me off with no rca.

Also having a problem with the E30 and L30 as I wanted to get a matching stack, waiting for them to come in stock but throwing up with the dx3 pro v2 and mx3 pro as well but doubt I’ll go with either of them.

To top things off stock wise I decided I wanted hd58x Jubilees however can’t get them directly from drop as one guy got the distributing rights in Aus so they won’t ship and he won’t get them till 2021, here, to top it off same guy has the Dekoni blues but non in stock so idk what to do about headphones lol

I take it that got it resolved? lol. Hopefully your enjoying your new setup