DAC or Audio Interface for my setup?

I appreciate the quick response! I saw that but I think I forgot about it in the sea of different stuff.

Also, if you do want some presonus gear, the BlueTube DP v2 is going to be better then the tubepre v2. I should clarify that I just donā€™t like their preamps. Their other products like their mixers or interfaces are good imo.

Oh Iā€™m not picky, other than the dbx 266xs. Iā€™ve heard great things about that compressor. Everything else is flexible.

Also, if you donā€™t mind buying used, you can get a really good deal on a pro mpa ii

This is seriously a great true tube preamp

Edit: Here is a bstock link

Edit 2: On ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/ART-Pro-MPA-II-ART-Direct-B-Stock/303216374897?hash=item46991ab471:g:DNYAAOSw8D1avCVV

I do not mind used at all but I have no idea where to look. Is Reverb.com one of the better places for this?

Reverb generally is a pretty good way to find used stuff, as with any site, you just have to make sure its in good condition and not beat up. Buying b stock items generally come with a warranty, so its a safer bet. Ebay is also fine as well. Both are well known sites (especially ebay), so I donā€™t think its something to worry about. Iā€™ve used both of these sites before and have had no issues

Also Iā€™m assuming you are planning on either buying another mic or using an instrument for your two channel setup (or just to expand in the future)

Yeah I have a piano that Iā€™ll be using for the other channel

Or another mic that I have if I decide to join the plethora of millennials starting podcasts.

1 Like

Cā€™mon podcasts are fun

I love listening to them, and I would love to be a part of one. Iā€™m just not the best at the content.

Do rack mounted things lay flat on top of each other if I donā€™t have a rack yet?

You can do that, but overtime you might have heat issues and scuff the cases. It should be fine temporarily if you arenā€™t blocking vents on the cases