Dac Pairings for Asgard 3 (Sub $300)

If it were me, given your price point…I would buy the Modius and not have any reservations.

Wondering if an “Asgardius” (with XLR) is coming or they just expect people to buy the Modius and the Jot.

2 Likes

They should just give the Jot an upgrade

1 Like

The 712 has been interesting for me personally. Go back and forth between the 4XX/6XX it sometimes sounds like the timbre for vocals are…off. But after letting sit on my ears adjust to the sound the spacing and sound stage just feels right for me and they have become my favorites as of right now.

Getting back to the topic, To my ears the E-30 takes care of the edginess (vs Modi) but I feel like the sound was a little smeared. I’ll haven’t heard the D50 but everything I’ve read leds me to believe it would be too precise for my preferences.

Yeah it was you @XyleFBB :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also, this DAC won a few awards and was even well reviewed by the Hanz Beek-something channel (…a guy saying he can hear the difference between MQA and lossless and reviewing audiophile-oriented network cards…).

So yeah, I’m not only mentioning this because “one guy”.

Edit: It’s also a “dual mono” design with two ESS Dacs. So yeah, that’s rare at this price point.

2 Likes

An Enog3? Has Gesheli hinted at any possible release dates? I would hope that might add a USB but I heard that their engineers have strong reservations about any USB implementation.

1 Like

lol well im glad you like them. i just dont get it. good to know you have a Sundara

Anyone else think it is really odd that these companies release matching products at different times? Atom Amp / Dac, Liquid Spark Amp / DAC, Modius / Asgard 3, SMSL SP200 / M200 etc, etc. I get that it takes time to develop all these products, but to me it would just make more sense to release them together. I suppose they only have so many resources and want to keep cash coming in…

1 Like

Monoprice still hasnt come out with the liquid spark dac. wish they would. and i wish it would be a touch dark or warm. would be nice to have that option for the really bright headphones

1 Like

Cambridge Audio ist really not bad.
I have listen the Last 10 month with the Dac magic plus 100 the little sister and works very well.
I like it really the little Box.

1 Like

Still love the Pre-Box. Thought it sounded better than both the Topping D50s & DX7 Pro. Biggest issue for me is that you’re paying for an anemic headphone amp on top of the DAC.

1 Like

Schiit Modius…balanced and all the other inputs…for $199.

For the price, that’s what I guessed. It’s probably like that for the cheapest Soekris 1101 too… merely there for “convenience” but not – at all – the best way to hear what the DAC can do.